'The Great Dane' - Freddy Andersen Appreciation Thread

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
That guy is apparently blind--a month plus really? Last I checked Andersen is right behind Bobrovsky for goalie of the month. Of course we were defending Andersen. The team defense, and positional defense was horrible. It was last night , in fact I thought it was our worst game of the year, but Andersen stood on his head. Why in October Andersen starts slow is beyond me, but then again, Price was somehow worse, so that tells you a lot. A big thing is as well, earlier in the year, more oft anyway, there were huge scores throughout the league. Goalies take a bit longer to get into form it is always like that, just our D was so bad it made Freddy look worse.

Was the Hanifin goal a flub, absolutely, but it is easy to forgive that when he was the only reason we had a chance after the 1st, and were still leading in the 3rd.

Reactions: DarkKnight

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That guy is apparently blind--a month plus really? Last I checked Andersen is right behind Bobrovsky for goalie of the month. Of course we were defending Andersen. The team defense, and positional defense was horrible. It was last night , in fact I thought it was our worst game of the year, but Andersen stood on his head. Why in October Andersen starts slow is beyond me, but then again, Price was somehow worse, so that tells you a lot. A big thing is as well, earlier in the year, more oft anyway, there were huge scores throughout the league. Goalies take a bit longer to get into form it is always like that, just our D was so bad it made Freddy look worse.

Was the Hanifin goal a flub, absolutely, but it is easy to forgive that when he was the only reason we had a chance after the 1st, and were still leading in the 3rd.

Who are you replying too here?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Also why are you asking--if you can follow the posts on thread you could have answered yourself. Zeke's comments are ridiculous.

Today I only heard one comment more hilarious "leafs dont have a good enough prospect to add to a deal to get a top 4 dman." Someone posted that in a reply to me in the trade room. Can you believe that.

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
Also why are you asking--if you can follow the posts on thread you could have answered yourself. Zeke's comments are ridiculous.

Today I only heard one comment more hilarious "leafs dont have a good enough prospect to add to a deal to get a top 4 dman." Someone posted that in a reply to me in the trade room. Can you believe that.
Ha ha ha ha ha

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Quite a joke in there. I started a thread saying that apparently it HAS to be Marner or Nylander included or we have garbage. Apparently that is the case, according to everyone in there. That and they cannot read, they read what they want. I basically said that I get it would have to be a JVR, Gardiner, a good prospect and maybe a pick, depending on who we were after, and I got shot down saying that who wants a UFA (even after saying that the deal could hinge on JVR resigning like Turris). Gardiner is a good Dman, just this year has kind of taken a step back for me, but he is still top 4. The no prospect thing was hilarious though.

Both comments are dumb, we are 3rd overall (tied) and Marlies are first OV in the AHL. No prospects? Garbage NHLers outside our big 3 OK LOL

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
Well if zeke von münchhausen is blind, that would explain a lot:huh:.... But i Think he is just borderline ridiculous. :m-dance:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Month plus sounds right. He was bad into the first week or two of November, then turned it around. Seemed like October + 2-3 games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Sorry did you say Andersen got out done by Cam Ward? who let in 4 goals on 9 shots? Or by Darling who hardly had any pressure and let in a goal as well? In fact there was a big divide early on. Many fans were calling for him to be traded, or let Sparks/Pickard try starting. The other half (smart half) knew that many of the chances he let were of the grade A variety, and while he let in some stinkers he would bounce back.

The only goalie this month near him is Bobrovsky in CBJ. Not sure what game you were watching last night but Andersen is the only reason we had a chance at winning that game, if he is the October Andersen its 5-0 or worse going into the 2nd. Oh well, I will save my breath since you have no clue...

that comment was posted after the florida game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

what's ridiculous about calling a goalie with average numbers....average?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Have you looked at his numbers this month? Those are way above average. Plus SV% is not everything either. Early on those goals mostly were from grade A spots. Were some stinky sure, but it happens. Now those grade A chances, he is robbing the opposition. Andersen is above average overall for me, he just cannot seem to figure out October. I do believe this month he has a .945 SV% and look at the chances, again far too many grade A ones. There were 2 or 3 games where the leafs tightened up, and those games were the 2 shutouts, we started loosening up against FLA but werent bad. Last night was the worst period of hockey ive seen in a long time from them, and the 3rd was not much better.

FLA the shots were not a good example of play. Most of their shots were fired on net from bad spots, and angles. Last night there were a crazy amount of great scoring chances from Carolina and he saved our bacon no question.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Well if zeke von münchhausen is blind, that would explain a lot:huh:.... But i Think he is just borderline ridiculous. :m-dance:

Nice to see your spelling is improving, Danish. I was beginning to suspect English was your second language.

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
Nice to see your spelling is improving, Danish. I was beginning to suspect English was your second language.
well english is only my eight language, so my spelling is not perfect, but you get my drift. Dont you? Or do you need some help?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Lets settle down a bit in here, shall we? Calling Zeke a fraud is ridiculous. I might not agree with him on many topics, but at least he is trying to be as objective as possible and backing up his statements with data, something that not many others do of hfboards.

The thing is, that people have a tendency to overhype everything when it comes to Maple Leafs. Including the goalie. Andersen had a shitty october. You can blame the coach, the defense, the fans or the ticketlady for that matter, but the buttom line is, that Andersen didnt deliver what was expected from him in any case. As shitty as his october was, he has been stellar in november and I hope he continues the big form, although there might be another month in the season where he underperforms. Thats the usual pattern with Andersen.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
well english is only my eight language, so my spelling is not perfect, but you get my drift. Dont you? Or do you need some help?

Oh no, this is very clear. Your first few efforts less so, the improvement was startling. As a language teacher, I'm impressed.

Reactions: Danish

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
Lets settle down a bit in here, shall we? Calling Zeke a fraud is ridiculous. I might not agree with him on many topics, but at least he is trying to be as objective as possible and backing up his statements with data, something that not many others do of hfboards.

The thing is, that people have a tendency to overhype everything when it comes to Maple Leafs. Including the goalie. Andersen had a ****ty october. You can blame the coach, the defense, the fans or the ticketlady for that matter, but the buttom line is, that Andersen didnt deliver what was expected from him in any case. As ****ty as his october was, he has been stellar in november and I hope he continues the big form, although there might be another month in the season where he underperforms. Thats the usual pattern with Andersen.

Danish

Dec 28, 2016

The thing is, that people have a tendency to overhype everything when it comes to Maple Leafs. Including the goalie. Andersen had a ****ty october. You can blame the coach, the defense, the fans or the ticketlady for that matter, but the buttom line is, that Andersen didnt deliver what was expected from him in any case. As ****ty as his october was, he has been stellar in november and I hope he continues the big form, although there might be another month in the season where he underperforms. Thats the usual pattern with Andersen.

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
Well this is going to take some time and my Spelling is well not Up to pare, and the auto corect is driving my crazy,,;0) by trader i am a historian i teach( only history not Spelling;0) )four me even books are some modern fabe, but scrools that is the stuf. But back to why i/we call zeke a freaud/liear/troll etc. It is becurse if you look back at zeks history and compare his wrighting and his numbers they are in moste made up! He is fake news. And as a Leafs fan he pis me off

Reactions: zeke

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
PS reefer sorry meefer ;0). You dont have to corect my spelling this time, i can already see the mistankes,

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Well this is going to take some time and my Spelling is well not Up to pare, and the auto corect is driving my crazy,,;0) by trader i am a historian i teach( only history not Spelling;0) )four me even books are some modern fabe, but scrools that is the stuf. But back to why i/we call zeke a freaud/liear/troll etc. It is becurse if you look back at zeks history and compare his wrighting and his numbers they are in moste made up! He is fake news. And as a Leafs fan he pis me off

you're not the first, but you're already my favorite zeke troll ever.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Nothing to do with his play, but way back on the California road trip it was reported that Andersen had a new mask, and we have yet to see it. I thought maybe it was because we were on a win streak shortly after, but still have not see him wear it. It looks amazing, wonder why he hasnt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad