Speculation: The coaching search continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senovision

May 23, 2011

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There’s no way Green is only making 1.5M. As much as I’m not thrilled about this hire I can pretty much guarantee it wasn’t a financial decision.
Julien was apparently very interested and most would agree he'd be a great option, the team obviously values what Green brings to the table, and what that is likely doesn't come through on hockey DB.

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
Sure, but those are different statements. I don't think money plays in to the SS hire, but I'm fine if people want to criticize the nepotism angle to it. For better or worse, Andlauer believes in him, but I don't think he's the guy because of the salary.

Poulin, whatever, he's an assistant. We also have Bowness. I don't expect huge names to come in as an Ass GM.

Tierney and Nichol are people I couldn't possibly weigh in on.

I honestly could not care less about that phrase. I just want a quality hockey team, and I still think they are taking steps towards that. I'll have more of an opinion on SS and Co. after the summer.

I do think you're right that money is still going to matter to a certain extent, but I don't think it's dictating all the decisions like it used to, I think they're just going about their business hiring the people they want.

Well we'll see. So far, we're still operating like the smallest market team in the league, with less crazy quotes.

There's a reason a large percentage of fans are already disappointed, less than a year into this ownership group.

They haven't gotten off to a strong start.

We'll see what they do in free-agency.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I haven’t followed Green’s coaching career, but his win/loss record doesn’t I still a lot of confidence in me. IMO, if he was any good, NJD would have kept him.

This smells of another typical Sens underwhelming hire, but what do I know?

Reactions: DrEasy

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I hated Green as player. I wanted to punch his rat face as a Leaf. Not sure how he is as a coach but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I haven’t followed Green’s coaching career, but his win/loss record doesn’t I still a lot of confidence in me. IMO, if he was any good, NJD would have kept him.

This smells of another typical Sens underwhelming hire, but what do I know?
If Berube was any good, imo the blues would have kept him...

Reactions: GCK

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Wouldn't Alfie also hate this guy? He was on those Leaf teams in the early 2000s. Alfie, Neil, and Phillips are probably going to want to beat him up the first time he comes to the rink.

• Love

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well we'll see. So far, we're still operating like the smallest market team in the league, with less crazy quotes.

There's a reason a large percentage of fans are already disappointed, less than a year into this ownership group.

They haven't gotten off to a strong start.

We'll see what they do in free-agency.
R-E-L-A-X

Everything done so far has been handled in a 1st class way.

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
If Berube was any good, imo the blues would have kept him...

I love how you are so staunch about "waiting and seeing", but you've really decided that this is a good move that shouldn't be criticized, yet you have no thoughts about why it's a good move other than "if Staios made it he must think it's good and who am I to question his thinking."

I wonder why even be on a board where the purpose is to debate whether moves are good or bad, when your position is fans don't know enough to deem whether a move is good or bad.

I guess every post in every thread should be "I have no opinion but support it because if they're doing it they must have good reasons!"

That'd be fun.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yes, he was supposed to be involved in the decision. I would be shocked if he wasn't there for all the interviews. But why bother with interviews when we can look at Hockey DB and fan complaints on Hf boards....
We can only complain about things that we are privvy to

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
R-E-L-A-X

Everything done so far has been handled in a 1st class way.

Oh? Leaving DJ Smith to twist in the wind in front of the media and fans for weeks when everyone in the league knew he was a dead man walking, before the season even started, was first class?

I thought it was pretty amateur.

A lot of the early season mess could've been avoided if Andlauer had acted with any sense of urgency. He didn't, and if you sense the vibes in Sens land, he's already lost quite a bit of goodwill.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good article. Nice to read some info. Appears he has been eager to keep Learning his craft.

The general sentiment seems to be a piling on of negativity. His record in Vancouver wasn't great, but neither were the players.
He's apparently always been a student of the game, I've read some player comments from his time in the AHL and WHL and they are pretty positive, I'd like to hear what some guys who played under him in the NHL have to say though
He'll always be Greaseball to me
That's totally fair,

Reactions: Dionysus

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Julien was apparently very interested and most would agree he'd be a great option, the team obviously values what Green brings to the table, and what that is likely doesn't come through on hockey DB.
I'm not sure how much of a shot they gave Julien. They likely have their reasons that we won't hear.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is what he brings great enough to offset winning pedigree and high level experience,

Whatever he alledgedly brings to the table it NEEDS to come through on hockeydb lol.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
He's apparently always been a student of the game, I've read some player comments from his time in the AHL and WHL and they are pretty positive, I'd like to hear what some guys who played under him in the NHL have to say though

That's totally fair,

Agreed. Really don't care how the hire is perceived by fans.

It all comes down to how he runs training camp and prepares the team for next season. If he can get this group to play over .500 for the first couple months that's a win.

Desperately need to come out of the gates strong this season. Can't have the season down the drain before the new year yet again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I love how you are so staunch about "waiting and seeing", but you've really decided that this is a good move that shouldn't be criticized, yet you have no thoughts about why it's a good move other than "if Staios made it he must think it's good and who am I to question his thinking."

I wonder why even be on a board where the purpose is to debate whether moves are good or bad, when your position is fans don't know enough to deem whether a move is good or bad.
I haven't decided it's a good move, where have I once said I like the move? Maybe try and follow along instead of making shit up about my position?

Reactions: Tragedy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad