GDT: The Clash of the Subbans - MTL @ BOS - 2/8/15 7:30pm SN, RDS *RIP Dale Weise pt.III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rask had a great game last night, but has played 10 in a row -- still no word on their starter tonight. Might be risky for them to start MS vs the Hab? By the way I notice a lot of B fans just call him "Malcolm" -- they don't want to say the surname lol

What I've seen most call subban as subban. Maybe some call him malcolm but I gladly call him subban and hope he has a great career.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You must be too young to remember the gong show before Gainey took over. Gainey brought back the Habs to relevancy, after 10 years of leafs-like horribleness. He was not perfect, but nobody is, including Bergevin. Bergevin inherited Subban, Price, Pacioretty, and a third overall pick (Galchenyuk). Gainey had Koivu, that's it.

I actually became a fan when Serge Savard was GM of the team.

Gainey didn't do **** all. If anything André Savard laid the groundwork for Gainey.

André Savard hired Timmins and Timmins drafted really good players, and Gainey squandered a ton of assets for no reason.

I'll give him credit for some decent moves like Kovalev although Kovalev really was just a prima donna with consistency issues..

But he lost all of his points while letting Streit, Souray, Beauchemin, Ribeiro, McDonagh go for nothing. Actual real good players who would have helped this team way more than any of the good moves he pulled. That's without talking about how he wasted all those picks for the likes of Moore and co. Sure they helped but common.. you have Timmins back there drafting studs and instead of enabling him you give away picks left and right for short term gains when you had zero hope of contending ? Then you rush Price ? No sorry, I thought Gainey was a horrible GM with zero vision. The game passed him by when he couldn't buy a cup with deep pockets anymore.

But this is the GDT..Not exactly the place for this.. I couldn't help myself though...

Go habs go

Saintpatrick*

On the Habs feed we got a few nice stories from Alan Doyle instead. I'm liking the pre game stuff on 'CBC' ;)

Doyle was talking about how much he liked the Habs and the city of Montreal and the other two idiots changed the subject real quick :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad