CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Pretty clunky pre-game show. Dunigan is having some serious issues keeping his thoughts straight. If Bo Levi retires he's probably got a spot on the panel should he want it, he's been fairly prominent in the broadcast at the last two Grey Cups.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
LOL The CFL is awesome guy is fired for being a terrible OC in Saskatchewan so the Alouettes think “hey that guy that just sucked at his last job is the guy we should hire as our coach!”

But when you think a moron like Maciocia is who should be making decisions what can you expect.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
LOL The CFL is awesome guy is fired for being a terrible OC in Saskatchewan so the Alouettes think “hey that guy that just sucked at his last job is the guy we should hire as our coach!”

But when you think a moron like Maciocia is who should be making decisions what can you expect.

I could smell this stupid move coming for months, could only laugh when it was made official. Maciocia will never hire somebody smarter than himself, and that didn't leave him many options. I doubt Maas would have even been offered an OC job by anyone else. CFL gonna CFL...lol. On the bright side, Montreal will probably lead the league in 1st quarter touchdowns next year. And they'll lead the league in punts in the other three quarters.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rourke to Jacksonville. I expected him to sign somewhere where maybe a more realistic path to playing time existed, but I'm guessing they told him he has the inside track on the backup spot. CJ Beathard is 30 years old next year and a pending FA. They likely plan to move on after the season. Could leave Rourke one hit away from starting next year.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Rourke to Jacksonville. I expected him to sign somewhere where maybe a more realistic path to playing time existed, but I'm guessing they told him he has the inside track on the backup spot. CJ Beathard is 30 years old next year and a pending FA. They likely plan to move on after the season. Could leave Rourke one hit away from starting next year.
I’d wanna sidle into San Fran were I a guy with Rourke’s abilities, but I have no idea whether or not they had any interest.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’d wanna sidle into San Fran were I a guy with Rourke’s abilities, but I have no idea whether or not they had any interest.
They still have Lance on his rookie deal. Both of their current QB’s are. At Jax it’s about competing for the backup role and securing a spot on the 53 man roster instead of being relegated to Practice squad. Like 5 times the difference financially if he makes the main roster.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
They still have Lance on his rookie deal. Both of their current QB’s are. At Jax it’s about competing for the backup role and securing a spot on the 53 man roster instead of being relegated to Practice squad. Like 5 times the difference financially if he makes the main roster.
Yeah, it does seem prudent to try as a floor to secure the service time pension. I am giving in to a little pie in the sky thinking about a not so implausible scenario where Lance isn’t it and there remains uncertainty over who gets the keys to that loaded roster and insanely qb friendly structure.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really smart business decision by Rourke in my opinion.

He has virtually zero chance of ever starting a game given who the Jags starter is, but NFL backups make legit cash to hold a clipboard. Guys like Chase Daniel and Matt Flynn basically ensured they'd never have to work again by being backups. Also probably helps to go to the Jags given Doug Pederson has a rep of being a pretty good mentor for younger QBs

Accrue enough service time (3 or 4 seasons for most of the key ones iirc) as a backup, get those sweet post career benefits and then come back up North.

I do believe we'll see him back in the CFL eventually but i do hope he somehow gets a shot to start somewhere.

As a wise Oklahoman once said, climb the ladder kid, and make yourself famous.

People aren't happy with his "unforseen detour" comment on the way out though. Maybe not the best worded, but i get it. Not many people dream of playing in the CFL, even up here.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Alot of movement confirmed in the first few days of the "legal tampering" period.
WR Jake Weineke MTL -> SSK
WR Kenny Lawler EDM -> WPG
WR Kyran Moore SSK -> EDM
DT Casey Sayles WPG -> HAM
LB Jameer Thurman CGY -> HAM
LB Jovon Santos-Knox HAM -> OTT
QB Dominque Davis MTL -> BC
WR Steven Dunbar Jr HAM -> EDM
OT Eric Lofton WPG -> SSK

Not too mention QB Vernon Adams Jr (BC), LB Larry Dean (SSK), QB Matthew Schiltz (HAM), DT Anthony Lanier (SSK), WR Kaion Julien-Grant (MTL), RB Sean Thomas-Erlington (HAM), WR Nic Demski (WPG), WR Davaris Daniels (TOR), DB Alden Darby (WPG), DE Malik Carney (HAM), DB Deshaun Amos (TOR), QB Nick Arbuckle (OTT), and LB Wynton McManis (TOR) all re-signing with their current teams.

Big names still available as the gear up for 2023 starts!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Does anyone have the backstory on this Als logo?

I'm a sucker from 70's aesthetics.

1677218733245.png

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Really smart business decision by Rourke in my opinion.

He has virtually zero chance of ever starting a game given who the Jags starter is, but NFL backups make legit cash to hold a clipboard. Guys like Chase Daniel and Matt Flynn basically ensured they'd never have to work again by being backups. Also probably helps to go to the Jags given Doug Pederson has a rep of being a pretty good mentor for younger QBs

Accrue enough service time (3 or 4 seasons for most of the key ones iirc) as a backup, get those sweet post career benefits and then come back up North.

I do believe we'll see him back in the CFL eventually but i do hope he somehow gets a shot to start somewhere.

As a wise Oklahoman once said, climb the ladder kid, and make yourself famous.

People aren't happy with his "unforseen detour" comment on the way out though. Maybe not the best worded, but i get it. Not many people dream of playing in the CFL, even up here.

I think it's a shame that Rourke has chosen to spend his prime holding a clipboard on the sidelines instead of making electrifying plays and setting records on the field. I understand that money talks but he's throwing away what could have been a (CFL) hall of fame career, assuming he isn't cut by the NFL within a season or two.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it's a shame that Rourke has chosen to spend his prime holding a clipboard on the sidelines instead of making electrifying plays and setting records on the field. I understand that money talks but he's throwing away what could have been a (CFL) hall of fame career, assuming he isn't cut by the NFL within a season or two.
$11.5K USD for 18 weeks being on the PS. $207k USD this around $280k CAD and not putting your body on the line for that time. Top cfl QB money is what like $400-$500K CAD?

If he is able to secure the backup role to Lawrence he’d be due like $800k USD for over $1 mill CAD. Guy played ncaa ball in the MAC, so he always wanted a shot in the nfl. See how it goes after 1-2 seasons.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Dane Evans is now a BC Lion and now BC have 2 promising quarterbacks after losing Rourke to the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad