Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike4Leafs4ever

Feb 22, 2020
So you'd be counting on Swayman taking less money in a couple years? Seems optimistic with what is currently happening.
Kotkaniemi and Carolina likely had a handshake deal for the extension before signing the offer sheet. Same can happen here. The extension numbers are part of deal upfront to get to AAV over 8 years that Sway wants.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
2EH.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's no surprise this is taking a long time. Every goalie making over 8M, in the past or present, had both hardware and workload - with the exception of Sorokin who didn't have any hardware, but back to back seasons playing at 92.5% for a team that relied heavily on him.

Swayman clearly wants to get paid, and the Bruins know if he busts it would set them back a lot. Plus when the market says he hasn't earned that kind of money, they don't feel like they have to be the one to take the risk. But at the same time, the cap is going up.

With that and Ullmark's departure, yeah makes sense it's a difficult negotiation.

But holy crap, what a mess this has become. First the Chiclets vs Sweeney, now Neely's comments about a 8x8 offer that apparently never really happened. Normally the media makes up all kinds of rumors, but these conflicting comments are all coming from the management, and they're looking worse every day.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Oh, it isn't plausible at all. Technically possible, but you're right, who has the space? Columbus, Calgary, Anaheim, San Jose, Utah and maybe Buffalo and Chicago. I can't see any other teams being able to make room for an offer sheet. And which of those teams are actually in serious need of a starting goalie, and would want to give up multiple years of first round picks? None. But its still plausible.
And does swayman post the same numbers on any of those teams as he would if he just signed in Boston?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
It would be enjoyable to watch Swayman sit out most of this season and see someone like Bussi or Korpisalo have a career year on a good team. I'm not sure why the Bruins didn't extend Swayman prior to trading Ulmark and just auctioned off the player that didn't want to offer a the biggest discount.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
It would be enjoyable to watch Swayman sit out most of this season and see someone like Bussi or Korpisalo have a career year on a good team. I'm not sure why the Bruins didn't extend Swayman prior to trading Ulmark and just auctioned off the player that didn't want to offer a the biggest discount.
With the way this has been negotiated do you really think Swaymans camp would have signed before the inevitable trade of Ulmark? My guess they knew that was there best way to gain leverage. It wouldn't even surprise me if there was common ground before the trade then when it happened Swaymans ask went up.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
0 shot they trade him to a divisional rival

This entire situation is embarrassing for Neely and the Bruins organization. Everyone viewed them as pure class, took 1 dumb comment to change the narrative.
While I won't pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes - I would be frustrated too with Swayman's camp when considering his demands and comments/leaks made by the guys at Spitting Chiclets.

Reactions: wintersej

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Servalli is talking out of his ass, good for Cam, it is about time, the other side has been going public for the last year.
Agents always run their mouths, that's how it goes. The org's job is to put up a good face and take it on the chin publicly, but privately do what needs to be done.

Neely going public, especially with what we now know to be an incorrect #, is a massive, massive fumble.

Reactions: AvroArrow

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Agents always run their mouths, that's how it goes. The org's job is to put up a good face and take it on the chin publicly, but privately do what needs to be done.

Neely going public, especially with what we now know to be an incorrect #, is a massive, massive fumble.
Who's offer was 'incorrect'?

I was under the impression the last offer by the Bruins was $7.8 aav for 8 seasons.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If I'm Neely, I trade him and start listening to offers right away. There should be several teams interested in upgrading their net.

Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado
Carolina
LA

If Im Colorado I do everything I can to package Georgiev + for Swayman. Getting Swayman would make the Avs much closer to being the favourites in the West.
Demko for Swayman if Canucks have any hint that Demko's injury is permanent and will affect his performance. Trade him while he has value 🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad