Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Swayman requests a trade and ends up leaving this would be one of the biggest fumbles I can remember. Going from the best tandem in the league to Korpisalo and *insert goalie here would be detrimental.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
While we as fans do not know the exact figures, but after Neely’s comment I think the numbers are probably what many of us suspect and if that is the case - yes Swayman is a goof considering his lack of overall experience and his demands.

I would be surprised if he remains a Bruin.

If I'm Neely, I trade him and start listening to offers right away. There should be several teams interested in upgrading their net.

Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado
Carolina
LA

If Im Colorado I do everything I can to package Georgiev + for Swayman. Getting Swayman would make the Avs much closer to being the favourites in the West.

Reactions: FMichael

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I would say zero chance Bruins offer 2 years to walk him to UFA, that makes zero sense.
It’s not that makes sense but they may have to. It makes sense if they’re not sold on his abilities and can’t get a deal done. Lower AAV and no NMC and they may have to. It’s also movable should he have a bad year. This could get really ugly and it’s already gotten ugly last time they had to make a deal.

I’d rather let a guy walk than I would cripple an entire team. Would you sign a 10m x 8y for an unproven starter who seems to be unhappy, in the most sketchy position? I wouldn’t. The leafs walked their guys to UFA with NMC clauses and top dollar. The middle ground would be a 2y x 6.5 or something with no NMC.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Goalies play a lot less games than forwards and defense and in Swayman's case he's never played more than 44. There's no reason for any goalie to be making 10 or 11 million unless he's going to be playing 70 games or more like they used to back in the day with Brodeur and Hasek.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Goalies play a lot less games than forwards and defense and in Swayman's case he's never played more than 44. There's no reason for any goalie to be making 10 or 11 million unless he's going to be playing 70 games or more like they used to back in the day with Brodeur and Hasek.
They still play more minutes in total though.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
If I'm Neely, I trade him and start listening to offers right away. There should be several teams interested in upgrading their net.

Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado
Carolina
LA

If Im Colorado I do everything I can to package Georgiev + for Swayman. Getting Swayman would make the Avs much closer to being the favourites in the West.
Canes have a large amount of money coming off the books next year. I could see them "checking in"

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Putting the onus of all of this on B's management is disingenuous
If what we saw yesterday in the media is ANY indication of how the Bruins have approached this contract negotiation with their expected #1 netminder, you can call it anything you want, but I will still call it a f***ing circus for what he did. Total clown show.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Goalies are up and down. If Im Boston I would rather commit to Swayman over 4 or 5 years instead of 8. Swayman hasn't even proved yet that he can be a full-time starter. This is his first year as a full time starter. High cap 8 year deal could back fire on the Bruins if Swayman becomes the next Jim Carey. Much less risk going with 4 or 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad