Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
On the latest Spittin Chiclets that came out this morning, Whit teased that he has heard of something else the Bruins 'pulled' on Swayman that he said will likely come out eventually.

• Wow
Reactions: OVO16

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
On the latest Spittin Chiclets that came out this morning, Whit teased that he has heard of something else the Bruins 'pulled' on Swayman that he said will likely come out eventually.
Interesting, wonder what that means. I feel a divorce I mean trade comming. The trade market will be underwelming. I think you be lucky to get a goalie and a 1st back, something like chariot, husso and a top 10 protected 1st to even salaries from detroit

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Interesting, wonder what that means. I feel a divorce I mean trade comming. The trade market will be underwelming. I think you be lucky to get a goalie and a 1st back, something like chariot, husso and a top 10 protected 1st to even salaries from detroit
If Swayman was offered anything north of $7 million aav for 5 years or more...Well he's 1 dumb motherf****r considering he hasn't carried that team without Ullmark's help...Seems like a trade is now more likely than anything else.

1727786410813.png

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Guys. It’s ok.
Swayman’s a business man. He’s gotta know this is the way the business works

Both sides have gone on media tours now.

Not sure why Swayman’s so butt hurt right now. Guy went out and did the same thing earlier in the summer.

• Haha
Reactions: thefutures

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Guys. It’s ok.

Not sure why Swayman’s so butt hurt right now. Guy went out and did the same thing earlier in the summer.
Swayman lied about an offer earlier in the offseason?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Bruins are being blunt with their fans to avoid negative pressure on them. Ball is in Swayss court.
Except they are coming across like petulant children and giving the terrible press conferences that make them look unprofessional.

We have Don Sweeney saying the spitting up podcast, trying to tell us swayman should be at camp without a contract and now Neely possibly lying about the offer and his 64 million reasons comment.

Bostons management team is coming across as very unprofessional and making unforced errors to the media.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Guys. It’s ok.

This relationship already had cracks from arbitration.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
My only hope is this works out better than the Klingberg situation for Swayman. If they offered him 8x8, that's some serious money to turn down, regardless of what number you have in your head. That can't be an easy thing to do.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Didn't he also play a part in fumbling the Seguin situation? I remember there was footage of Bruins management talking about it on YouTube from a docuseries
Seguin fumbled his own situation trying to get intimate woth Horton's wife. But yes, Neely was involved in the decision to trade. Chiarelli did the negotiations with Dallas though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
But isn’t that the point of arbitration?
You pitch your side, they pitch theirs.
Sway has a Binnington like arrogance/fight about him.

I’m sure anything slightly negative got him fired up
I think he was pissed that they even bothered taking him all the way to arbitration for what he probably viewed as not much difference in money.

I don’t know that for sure though.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Neither side looks good right now, but if there's any truth to what Neely said...It's gonna look bad on Swayman.
True, both sides look bad, but you expect a player to believe in himself and be a little unreasonable in his ask and talking. You dont see organizations making clowns of themselves like Sweeney and Neely are currently. It’s as bad as Kevin Lowe’s ‘ i know a thing or two about winning” conference or MacTavish talking about tier 1 and tier 2 fans and all that was embarrassing.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Heh I bet management had talked about 8x8 being possibly the absolute highest they would go, but at this point still believed they could get swayman down to 8y x 7m and Neely fumbled the ball. Sweeney probably raged on him after that interview.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Friggin Halak had a save PCT of .922 and .919 in the two seasons in Boston he played in 30 or more games. Was .908 the year before he went to Boston and .903 the season after he left. Korpisalo will see his numbers jump big time as well in Boston. Swayman is not as special as he thinks he is.
So then trade him while his value is super high.

Go with Korp and Bussi

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What a dumbass comment by Neely. Even if Gross is being difficult, you dont come out and expose negotiations in public. What a bitch move by Neely :laugh:

Only Bruins fans think what Neely did was right lmfao
Never good when a GM goes public like this.

Servalli was saying on local radio yesterday that it just shows Neely is rattled, so you might as well just hold out for what you want.

Reactions: OVO16 and Fatass

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Neely should not have a microphone in his face........emotions are high, but it's business Mr Neely, just business.

This is what is lost in all this. Bruins last year used their leverage and squeezed Swayman, went through arbitration and tore him apart to get the smallest cap hit instead of just paying him something way cheaper than he is asking for this year. Then they just said don't take it personally just business.

So now Swayman has the leverage and is tearing the Bruins apart in the media and squeezing them for more and management suddenly forgets it is just a business when it is done back to them.

I hope Sway get 10M

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Never good when a GM goes public like this.

Servalli was saying on local radio yesterday that it just shows Neely is rattled, so you might as well just hold out for what you want.
Bruins won’t go to 80 million. Imo both sides agree to a short term with the Bruins buying one UFA year. 8 AAV x 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad