Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
been hearing this since 2007....
Its been true in the past but not last year. I do think the Bruins will be better defensively this year however. Swayman is the real deal for sure but I dont think he's worth more than 8 X 8. do we know if thats on the table?

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Why trade Ullmark if you're not willing to pay Swayman?

Also, why trade Ullmark before signing Swayman? You lose all leverage in negotiation when you trade Ullmark.

I've never been impressed with Don Sweeney's critical thinking ability.
Sweeney clearly bungled things. Said all along he chose to trade the wrong goalie. Ullmark is better and obviously cheaper. He's proven and a total team oriented player. Swayman has yet to prove he can handle a big load of games, handle large amounts of high quality chances like Ullmark had to do, and win multiple playoff series. Dude is greedy and arrogant. Sweeney chose wrong and is now going to have to pay for his foolish decision one way or another.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Do the Bruins have those pieces though? IMO that club needs Swayman to make the playoffs. And if they miss the playoffs the current GM will be out of work.
Panthers have goalie Bob at 10 per. Swayman is equally as good and important to his team.
A very obvious top 5D

A top 10 player in the NHL

Yes they have the pieces with or without Swayman

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Sweeney clearly bungled things. Said all along he chose to trade the wrong goalie. Ullmark is better and obviously cheaper. He's proven and a total team oriented player. Swayman has yet to prove he can handle a big load of games, handle large amounts of high quality chances like Ullmark had to do, and win multiple playoff series. Dude is greedy and arrogant. Sweeney chose wrong and is now going to have to pay for his foolish decision one way or another.
Vs all the playoff series that Ullmark has won?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What're the odds he signs a one-year deal that takes him to UFA? The Bruins are headed for a shift next season where they likely need to change course a tad. Swayman would have the opportunity to asking for a higher AAV in any long-term extension. And if somehow the wheels fall off this season, I'd imagine that he'd probably be on the top of the list of available trade chips league wide.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What're the odds he signs a one-year deal that takes him to UFA? The Bruins are headed for a shift next season where they likely need to change course a tad. Swayman would have the opportunity to asking for a higher AAV in any long-term extension. And if somehow the wheels fall off this season, I'd imagine that he'd probably be on the top of the list of available trade chips league wide.
Swayman has 2 years until UFA since he only has 4 NHL years and is only 25.

Reactions: belair

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

So hard to trade Swayman after he carried the team in the postseason. There would be 1000 posters shitting on him if he did that instead.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
He'd have arbitration rights for that last year though. Probably the best outcome from the player/agents pov is a one year if they can't find a compromise on the longer term deal
He had arbitration rights last year (and went to arbitration), and this year.

Swayman has also explicitly said he hated the arbitration process

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He is not eligible to a UFA for two more years.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
The x-factor is the process. Boston runs a great organization. I don't see Boston declining as a result of losing Swayman. Good goalie with far too small a sample size doing this to an otherwise trustworthy organization who seems to reward the right players for the right things.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but from my blue tinted lenses it sure looks that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad