Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
been hearing this since 2007....
Its been true in the past but not last year. I do think the Bruins will be better defensively this year however. Swayman is the real deal for sure but I dont think he's worth more than 8 X 8. do we know if thats on the table?

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Why trade Ullmark if you're not willing to pay Swayman?

Also, why trade Ullmark before signing Swayman? You lose all leverage in negotiation when you trade Ullmark.

I've never been impressed with Don Sweeney's critical thinking ability.
Sweeney clearly bungled things. Said all along he chose to trade the wrong goalie. Ullmark is better and obviously cheaper. He's proven and a total team oriented player. Swayman has yet to prove he can handle a big load of games, handle large amounts of high quality chances like Ullmark had to do, and win multiple playoff series. Dude is greedy and arrogant. Sweeney chose wrong and is now going to have to pay for his foolish decision one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad