Post-Game Talk: The Brick WOLL to the rescue - Leafs win !!!

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A well deserved win for the team, they were better than the Preds.
Woll with a solid performance, the best glove of our 3 tenders?
Another 30 goal season for JT, congrats.
Rielly with a bomb from the point leading to a juicy rebound...we do have a point shot on PP :laugh:
Mr Alex 'Snipe' Kerfoot heating up when we need him.

A solid, if unspectacular win for the boys. We've had a few up and down performances lately, playing some good teams, time to head home and figure out how we organize for the playoffs. Hoping that ROR can get back asap and we start to hone in on some more consistent line combinations. I'd be inclined to go with Woll against Tampa.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Keefe wasn't happy with bunting i don't think he saw another shift after Keefe yelled at him

Leafs have the lead; no need to poke and wake the preds up.

Being a rat is one thing; being a useful rat is another. Marchand dials down his stupid when Bruins have the lead same with kucherov/sargachev

there was no need for bunting to start shit up when Leafs have the lead

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Bunting is going to get less and less shifts if he's acting like that with Keefe. I think he's been pretty pedestrian when Matthews isn't carrying him.
The only thing he's bringing right now is being a pest.
I think this lineup for first game is:

Jarnkrok Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander (Kerfoot is fast and has some chemistry with these guys)
Bunting ROR Lafferty
Knies Kampf Acciari

Although I feel like ZAR has been better than Lafferty.

McCabe Brodie
Giordano Holl
Rielly Schenn

Sammy
Murray

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I'd hope Liljegren is in over Schenn unless Liljegren really sucks but the other 5 should be locks.

Offense is the main concern. Simmonds won't be in there with ROR coming back and then hopefully Knies can replace ZAR. If we get that, then look out.
Schenn brings a physical.presence that is huge for this team. 7 Hits tonight leads the way. It can be contagious and T.B needs to be kept in line.

Last edited:

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Looking at the Standings, our magic number to clinch is 1 right? FLA can only tie us if they win out and we lose out. Both teams (Leafs & Panthers) have 9 games left.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1679878021278.png

Reactions: Teeder Keon

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I wish they played in Memphis just for the crying Elvis card.

Pretty decent game today and I think that’s it for out of conference games. Also relieved we got out of it without an injury, just felt like one of those games.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Leafs 7 points up. Locked up home ice. Bring on Tampa.

I hope ROR comes back soon to intergrate. Seems like Keefe goingto leave matthews/marner together which is fine as long as Matty is producing. Wouldnt mind leaving JarnCkrock on first line - he has good chemistry there and can put it in the net.

JarnCrock - Matthews - Marner
Tavares - ROR - Nylander

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Leafs have the lead; no need to poke and wake the preds up.

Being a rat is one thing; being a useful rat is another. Marchand dials down his stupid when Bruins have the lead same with kucherov/sargachev

there was no need for bunting to start shit up when Leafs have the lead
Yep. This is where the prime pests separate themselves. Situational awareness is critical if you are a pest or fighter.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Woll was terrific. We need to give him more games to see if he can handle all situations. He was very calm and cool.

I think these are the six D we start with in the playoffs. Good combination of physicality and puck movement.

We have to score more given the chances we had. Jarnkok was robbed as was ZAR.

Lafferty has not impressed the last two games. The number of times his passes are intercepted is staggering.

I don’t know how to say this, but Kerfoot has been very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad