OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes, we have rented a car and are willing to drive! Thanks!
Definitely go to Rocky Mountain, but google their Covid restrictions right away. They run out of permits in seconds.

Be sure to let us know how the trip goes and how you liked the suggestions. Quite frankly, with this group I'm surprised you were directed to Shotgun Willies.
You are? I consider us the bane of humanity.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Who below has injury issues?

Wood - Mittelstadt - MacKinnon
Innala - Rantanen - Drouin
Lehkonen - Colton - Kovalenko
Kelly - Ritchie - O'Connor
Landeskog - Wagner - Nichushkin
Kiviranta - Bellemare - Polin

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Didn't manage to make it out to RMNP (just couldn't get my hands on tickets), so we went down to Garden of the Gods instead, which we really liked!

Also caught a glimpse of Shotgun Willies! We decided against stopping by.:laugh:

Meow Wolf was quite the experience. Really weird, definitely liked it. Red Rocks was also awesome.

I think both my wife and I really liked the surrounding area, but I don't think we really got Denver. We checked out multiple different areas that felt like they were fairly walkable, and should have people around, and they just felt somewhat deserted. My guess was that when the weather is as nice as it was this weekend, people just go away from the city to do other things. If 16th Street Mall had been open, I think that would have scratched some of the walking itch, but that was all under construction.

Our takeaway was basically that it felt like Denver could be an awesome city 5 years from now, but right now it almost felt like the city was too big for the population?

Surrounding areas were amazing though. Holy crap. Loved it. Best experience from the whole trip, and we spent the previous three days in Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Moab.

• Love
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
@5280 make it through the mess out there?
Holy shit! I didn’t get it too bad in the Charlotte burbs, just a bunch of rain and a little wind. The Western NC mountains got absolutely clobbered, though. I think it’s finally getting out to the national media how bad it really is. Old timers are saying this is the worst storm they have ever seen come thought the area. My sister still lives on the outskirts of Boone and thinks she’ll be without power for months and can barely drive to her house. There are much worse cases (people’s houses floating down the river, etc.) one of my old neighbors house slid down the mountain and took the women with it (both died).

I am pretty sure the Asheville area got it worse, too. You can’t drive on 40 west of 77, they closed the whole interstate for 100’s of miles.

It’s a super sad state of affairs, people are still looking for loved ones, relatives, neighbors, you name it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Holy shit! I didn’t get it too bad in the Charlotte burbs, just a bunch of rain and a little wind. The Western NC mountains got absolutely clobbered, though. I think it’s finally getting out to the national media how bad it really is. Old timers are saying this is the worst storm they have ever seen come thought the area. My sister still lives on the outskirts of Boone and thinks she’ll be without power for months and can barely drive to her house. There are much worse cases (people’s houses floating down the river, etc.) one of my old neighbors house slid down the mountain and took the women with it (both died).

I am pretty sure the Asheville area got it worse, too. You can’t drive on 40 west of 77, they closed the whole interstate for 100’s of miles.

It’s a really big sad state of affairs, people are still looking for loved ones, relatives, neighbors, you name it.
I got a friend in Asheville and finally got ahold of him via one of the starlinks people have setup for public use. It sounds really really bad. He’s doubtful he’ll ever be back in his house. It sounds apocalyptic. Glad youre safe and your sister is too!

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I got a friend in Asheville and finally got ahold of him via one of the starlinks people have setup for public use. It sounds really really bad. He’s doubtful he’ll ever be back in his house. It sounds apocalyptic. Glad youre safe and your sister is too!
Thanks @henchman21. Thank God my mom just moved to Davidson near Charlotte from Boone about 3 weeks ago. It could have been a nightmare considering where her house was.

I think @ASmileyFace has relatives up there somewhere, too

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not wanting to change the importance of health/safety as a topic, however those Spider-man films, Through and Across the Spider-Verse are some of the best films I have watched in a long time. I know that we are all Marvel'd out, but they are so damn good.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not wanting to change the importance of health/safety as a topic, however those Spider-man films, Through and Across the Spider-Verse are some of the best films I have watched in a long time. I know that we are all Marvel'd out, but they are so damn good.
The Original Guardians of the Galaxy still stands up for me as well. Probably because the whole thing was designed to tug at GenX heart strings with the music but it worked and still does.

Reactions: S E P H

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Inject this in my veins!!!
20240930_085416.jpg

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Yes I really like those, I'm done with marvel otherwise. I went to across in the theater and the guy next to me got motion sick and had to go vomit. Pretty funny

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad