Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 9 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Other players did, but Pare refused to fight.

For Arber refusing wasn't an option. Most players won't go up and sucker punch a guy unless you're Max Domi. Xhekaj was incensed and went after him. Guy turtled.

Nobody tried to fight Paré before Arber did, and somebody clearly had to. Andy had two golden opportunities on both the shift of the injury and the shift where arber got a hold of him, he did nothing but skate soullessly around the ice. Nobody had to 'sucker punch', which isn't even what happened when Arber fought. Anybody could have just jumped on him and thrown him around a bit and drawn coinciding 5s and an extra 2. That's a team toughness/ coaching awareness problem.

The point I'm making is that Marty could and should have avoided losing another D so early if he had just opened his eyes for a second. Maybe his system is too confusing for lame brains like Andy, the nascar driver of hockey players, who can't juggle turning left and realizing some plug just ripped up your best forward's knee.

• Love
Reactions: Rapala

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Been saying this forever but we need real toughness up front. If Tuch and Florian pan out great..but it would be nice to have that element this season. Don't like that it's always gotta be Arber to do this.

Reactions: Rapala and Hannibal

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The 4th is where any new rookies will start with the current line-up. Suzuki did it, not sure why people are acting like it's wrong.
Pezzetta will not get waived that I am sure of. Heineman and Pezz are two totally different types of players. Pezzetta is the 13th forward.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
was this confirmed anywhere or is this just HF saying HF things and turning them into HF truth?
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that MSL is not a fan of team toughness. It's called an opinion which could be wrong. It's called a hockey discussion forum where people voice their opinions, perhaps you didn't get the memo.

Reactions: Habby4Life

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that MSL is not a fan of team toughness. It's called an opinion which could be wrong. It's called a hockey discussion forums where people voice their opinions, perhaps you didn't get the memo.
hey chill out. Not every question is disguised as an insult.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
You are right but the amount of condescending posts on this site often times put people on the defensive
yup. That's why I don't post much except to say non sense in the GDTs

So we don't actually know for sure that MSL hates physical play. Maybe he just thinks the team is not suited for it or would prefer if Xhekaj focused on the rest of his game (I personally think he has a lot more to give offensively).

I'm with you though. I love what Xhekaj did to Pare and I wish he could inflict pain on more players , as long as it's not something insane like what McSorley or Bertuzzi did (I want pain, not injuries)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
yup. That's why I don't post much except to say non sense in the GDTs

So we don't actually know for sure that MSL hates physical play. Maybe he just thinks the team is not suited for it or would prefer if Xhekaj focused on the rest of his game (I personally think he has a lot more to give offensively).

I'm with you though. I love what Xhekaj did to Pare and I wish he could inflict pain on more players , as long as it's not something insane like what McSorley or Bertuzzi did (I want pain, not injuries)
We think alike sir

Reactions: knuck

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
what'd you just imply about my mom?!
your mom was a Pierre Dagenais fan

1727722161266.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SwiftyHab