OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Everytime I've been to Florida I've liked it. Although the only states I've been to are North Carolina, Florida, and Massachusetts. I'm also from the east coast so I'm used to humid weather.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've always liked Florida. Key West alone is enough to make it a great state, although I preferred it back in the 70s before the developers killed everything.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I've always liked Florida. Key West alone is enough to make it a great state, although I preferred it back in the 70s before the developers killed everything.

I went to Key West on a vacation about 10 years ago, and was so disappointed. The place is a dump. I get it if one is into boats/fishing, but otherwise I felt the place had not one redeeming quality. After two days, we left right in the middle of our stay, and went to a west coast beach.

Outside of some of the beaches, Florida isn't my favorite place. The climate is pretty bad. I like the tax laws though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
80 lbs down now. That plateau/slump can go f*** itself!

Guys...When that scale showed 258, it was the first time in...god, I don't know how long, since high school at least, that a scale started with the numbers "2" and "5". It was a little bit emotional because I never thought that I'd see that again. I think I've referenced it before, but that Joe Walsh song "One Day At a Time" has been such a motivation for me. Now, he wrote it because he quit drinking, but the message is largely the same. Whenever it gets to the last verse and he sings:

It was something I was too blind to see
I got help from something greater than me
And today I finally learned to live my life one day at a time

It just gives me goosebumps. Do I eat as healthy as I should? No, I'm still working on that. I damn near ate no veggies when I was at my heaviest, as I just didn't care. Now though, I've at least expanded to things like carrots, broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower (but I'm really not fan of cauliflower, I can just stomach it). Other things like onions, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, among others, I still don't like and can't even get two chews in before I start gagging. But I am eating healthier than I was before.

8 more pounds to go before reaching my next "benchmark", which was 250 (set back when I started this), and 38 more to go before my final goal of 220...actually, I'm still going to keep going, but that was just the goal my doctor set for me when I started this. I'm f***ing EXCITED guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad