[The Athletic] Jeff Marek was let go because of allegedly leaking draft selections

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was waiting for them to announce the new host. Don’t know Kyle that well. Not a big Sportsnet watcher as I live in America, but know a little about him and have heard him a few times. Marek is a big personality to replace. I have no real strong thoughts on this decision. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Was waiting for them to announce the new host. Don’t know Kyle that well. Not a big Sportsnet watcher as I live in America, but know a little about him and have heard him a few times. Marek is a big personality to replace. I have no real strong thoughts on this decision. I look forward to seeing how it goes.
On the other hand, don't think the co-host of that show really needs to show all that much personality. I'm fine if the pod skews more towards a Friedman news-monologue, with occasional well-timed questions and notes instead of specific opinions by the co-host.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

gach

Aug 2, 2018
giphy.gif

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Listening to the podcast this morning there was a line from Elliotte

"This is the thing, Je-. This is the thing, Kyle"

Like calling your girlfriend by your ex's name. He's not quite used to the new sidekick yet.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He especially needs to avoid Marek's fake laughs. We ain't downloading hockey podcasts to get a laugh out of them. It's not supposed to be a comedy show.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I think the league had an agreement with the network to not "leak " info because believe it or not, people bet on who the 5th pick will be etc

The league opened this Pandora's box as has been astutely stated by another poster by getting in bed with gambling entities

It's only a matter of time before game fixing will be an issue with players, refs or C all of the above
Draft pick betting is frozen one hour before the draft starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad