Rumor: The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give up to get Zegras?

• Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Habs 25 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • WPG 24 1st OR Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 98 36.8%
  • WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 34 12.8%
  • Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected) AND WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Some other combination of 1st round picks and prospects

Votes: 30 11.3%
  • Nothing - Zegras has too many red flags and will kill the culture

Votes: 84 31.6%

• Total voters

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
As Button pointed out, the same was said about the following pkayers when they were about to be traded: Joe Thornton, Jack Eichel, Joe Neuwindyk, Vinny Lecavalier in tampa, etc... Sometimes the reports are true. Sometimes they're not.

Craig Button thinks Zegras has fantastic competitive drive and wants to be a difference maker in big games.
100% and to boot, I just don't get where all the hate comes from!!! I mean is it because he does the michigan? Assuming it's that and he is too flashy, thank God we didn't draft that bum Bedard and his michigan!!!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
the amount of flat out "no" in this thread feels weird for a 22 year old with two 60 points seasons already.. The guy got (probably wrongfully) overhyped as a potential superstar really fast, but that doesn't mean he's worthless

really depends on the price

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anaheim won’t be interested though

They have nu hurry to trade him

No they are not in a hurry to trade him. But it's not just the Jets pick that you send to Anaheim. You send them a player/prospect, as well.

Maybe you do something similar to the Dach deal, where Habs trade a player to one team for their mid-1st and then flip that to Anaheim for Zegras.

Reactions: waitin425

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Generally speaking, and I think it will be the case here, we never get good value in trading for a player being dangled to several teams. The exception was Vanek. We get value in trades for players who are not being openly shopped. So I already know the outcome of this thread and rumour. Some other team will overpay. Fin.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I haven’t gone through the whole thread but is there any reports that Montreal is interested? If so then that f***ing sucks. I really can’t stand him

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
As I said in the other tread, Zegras' aura reminds me of PK Subban. Very polarizing, very skill, but questions about how serious he's about playing hockey vs being his own person. Seems as not being committed to always playing 200fts, hard to coach.

The question for me is can he be a team guy first? if so, then he can be coach and can be manage by teammates.

I'm ok with our first this year, if it is top 5 protected.

Reactions: Pat Riot and Andy

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
1708010091614.png

Here's a quote from Cronin posted on the Ducks board. I checked there because i don't know why posters are saying he is a problem. If it's because he can do the Michigan then people are effing idiots because being abl to do it means that player has great skill.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
No they are not in a hurry to trade him. But it's not just the Jets pick that you send to Anaheim. You send them a player/prospect, as well.

Maybe you do something similar to the Dach deal, where Habs trade a player to one team for their mid-1st and then flip that to Anaheim for Zegras.
If I’m Anaheim, I don’t listen if the Habs pick is not in the deal (and not only the pick but + something)

I wouldn’t trade Caufield for 2 mid 1st round

For what is worth, Albie O’Connnell was a Habs scout last year and knows very well Hugo

durojean

May 29, 2007
Without our 1st pick , you can forget that

So the question should be: Are you ready to trade Habs 1st pick in a package for Zegras ?
I feel like it depends on how the lottery goes. I would be ready to give up that pick at 6 overall maybe even sooner depending the evaluation of the players from our scouts and management.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If I’m Anaheim, I don’t listen if the Habs pick is not in the deal (and not only the pick but + something)

I wouldn’t trade Caufield for 2 mid 1st round

That's fine. But it might not be the pick they care as much about as the player/prospect you offer in the deal that interests them more.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
the amount of flat out "no" in this thread feels weird for a 22 year old with two 60 points seasons already.. The guy got (probably wrongfully) overhyped as a potential superstar really fast, but that doesn't mean he's worthless

really depends on the price
In context, his 60 points seasons are about similar to the season Drouin had before being traded here (they may even be less impressive, in that at least Drouin had proven something in the playoffs, and wasn't -- and never really was -- a stupid penalty magnet).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad