OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Hmm... trying to think back to the old Canadian content stuff from radio listening days -

Saga
Max Webster
BTO
Kim Mitchell
Loverboy
Chilliwack
The Guess Who
Ron Hawkins
FM
Nash the Slash
Platinum Blonde
54-40
The Northern Pikes
Lowest of the Low
The Spoons
Men Without Hats
The Box
Rough Trade
The Cowboy Junkies
Crash Vegas
Martha and the Muffins
Arcade Fire
Skinny Puppy
Voivod
Front Line Assembly
Delerium
The Rose Chronicles
The Dead South
Crash Test Dummies
Metric
Stars
Broken Social Scene
Spirit of the West
The Be Good Tanyas
The Payolas
Rock and Hyde
Tear Garden
The Beaches
Plasticine Replicas
April Wine
Blue Rodeo
Teenage Head
The Pursuit of Happiness
Pukka Orchestra

Mentioned Digital Poodle earlier
Doug and the Slugs
Honeymoon Suite
Edit - Forgot Red Rider
Edit 2 - Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet (the house band for Kids in the Hall)

That was all stuff I remember hearing on Q107/CFNY/97.7 before their format change, club gigs in Buffalo and of course bar hopping in Toronto. A couple are newer (Dead South, Beaches) but most are older.

Would like to add The Watchmen to your list.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
For those that are of the more country flavor or like music on the fringes of Rock/Country, Susto just released a live album. Solid listen with a pretty decent cover of Oasis' 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. Unfortunately, they don't have a youtube version of the album (that I could find), but it's streaming on services.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So one of the guys that makes AI cover mashup songs started a live show of his creations.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

qc8CX3.gif

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How did this discussion on Canadian musicians go on so long without mentioning two of my all time faves?
Silverstein

Nomeansno

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
In honour of tonight's concert being postponed. Hopefully Pete is able to perform Thursday however I'm expecting that concert to also be postponed which is an unfortunate development for my week of Chevelle. It has been five years since seeing them so what is three more weeks, right?

Reactions: KiwiGriff

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
In honour of tonight's concert being postponed. Hopefully Pete is able to perform Thursday however I'm expecting that concert to also be postponed which is an unfortunate development for my week of Chevelle. It has been five years since seeing them so what is three more weeks, right?

Love me some Chevelle. We used to listen Wonder Whats Next a lot in the pizza shop i worked in. Along with Slayer, LoG, Danzig, Devildriver and one time we even played One Night in Paris.

Reactions: yahhockey

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Today’s listening was Wire’s “Chairs Missing” followed by a bunch of late ‘70’s and early ‘80’s post punk stuff, which bridged into some Chameleons UK that they thought needed some more recent stuff so Beach House and the entirety of a Slowdive concert from last year. Sandwiched in there with some Massive Atrack, Orbital, and some Dead Can Dance. Kraungbin, Carbon Based Life Forms, some Glass Beams, and some Miles Davis.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Today’s listening was Wire’s “Chairs Missing” followed by a bunch of late ‘70’s and early ‘80’s post punk stuff, which bridged into some Chameleons UK that they thought needed some more recent stuff so Beach House and the entirety of a Slowdive concert from last year. Sandwiches in there with some Massive Atrack, Orbital, and some Dead Can Dance. Kraungbin, Carbon Based Life Forms, some Glass Beams, and some Miles Davis.

Any particular Orbital or just an assortment? Been listening to them off and on since 95, which I just realized is nearly 30 years and holy **** kill me now

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any particular Orbital or just an assortment? Been listening to them off and on since 95, which I just realized is nearly 30 years and holy **** kill me now

Belfast/Wasted and then either “Doctor?” Or “Illuminate!” I DON’T recall which Edit: it was illuminate AND DoctorI just went back and looked.

Really enjoyed them back in the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad