The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I love how you can’t have a thread about who the most handsome player is (seriously, made one and it got locked) but mocking is totally chill. Weird standard is all.

anyways Laine might be in the running.

patrik-laine-2021-6378.jpg

Womens magazine got most handsome in Patrik Sharp 201x (dont remember) and a later year Michael del Zotto. My guess is an exotic look take you pretty far in those categories.

Receeding hairline may not be the end of the world, but oh boy, how boring it is personally.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindy Ruff and Jacques Lemaire both seemed to have the same thin combover for over 20 years and it never seemed to get much thinner. In Lemaire’s cause I swore he had more hair in 2010 than he did in 1995.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Mangiapane. I'm sorry buddy, it's over.
Here he is normally.
andrew-mangiapane-2021-43.jpg

And here he is wearing his toupee
cut.jpeg

Are you sure he didn't just get a haircut and style it forward? His hair is literally shorter in the second picture.

While it appears to be thin up front in the first picture, it still mostly reads as a large widow's peak.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Frankly, it’s a personal choice and I waaay prefer having my hair with a big ole bald spot on the top than no hair. Although I’m fortunate in that my balding is almost exclusively the top, from the front I have a fairly typical hairline.

It’s funny when you hear things like ‘stop being vain, admit you’re bald and shave it’ - yet shaving it is actually ‘hiding’ it far more than not. I even had a coworker years back that shaved daily and insisted he had a full head of hair but liked the feeling of a shaved head. Problem was by the end of every day he was sporting a “5 o’clock cul-de-dac”.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I love how you can’t have a thread about who the most handsome player is (seriously, made one and it got locked) but mocking is totally chill. Weird standard is all.

anyways Laine might be in the running.

patrik-laine-2021-6378.jpg

upload_2022-2-14_21-52-18.png

This is Laine 6 years ago as 16yo. Can you go bald at 16?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Frankly, it’s a personal choice and I waaay prefer having my hair with a big ole bald spot on the top than no hair. Although I’m fortunate in that my balding is almost exclusively the top, from the front I have a fairly typical hairline.

It’s funny when you hear things like ‘stop being vain, admit you’re bald and shave it’ - yet shaving it is actually ‘hiding’ it far more than not. I even had a coworker years back that shaved daily and insisted he had a full head of hair but liked the feeling of a shaved head. Problem was by the end of every day he was sporting a “5 o’clock cul-de-dac”.

bdb15ff30a3eb8d0d28208778b14b105.jpg

reirden-todd-181004-1180.jpg

elon.jpg

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021

Fair enough! I was struck with the receding hairline in my early 20's and after a brief struggle to hang on for dear life (Getzlaf style) I finally conceded defeat and shaved it all off. I do agree though that depending on the hair loss it can still look totally fine when not shaved as well. For me, it was starting to trend in the Al Iafrate direction and I'm sure by 30 I would've looked like Dr. Phil (not that there's anything wrong with that) had I not shaved it.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Not a hockey player but Bobby Charlton had an Al Davis level combover during his playing days , he was only in his 30s and looked 60 years old.

174874-1597827482.jpg

Sir Bobby Charlton is famous for many things

- Surviving the Munich Air Disaster
- Winning the World Cup with England in 1966
- Playing in the first English team to win the European Cup
- Having a cannon of a shot in the days of old, heavy leather balls

But that combover might be the thing he is best known for in popular culture.

bobby+charlton+1970.jpg

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Sir Bobby Charlton is famous for many things

- Surviving the Munich Air Disaster
- Winning the World Cup with England in 1966
- Playing in the first English team to win the European Cup
- Having a cannon of a shot in the days of old, heavy leather balls

But that combover might be the thing he is best known for in popular culture.

bobby+charlton+1970.jpg

I see now that the Trump is the final form of the combover; a two pronged attack from both orbital regions, woven together to produce a net of hair of intense strength and coverage.

Poor Charlton was attacking the problem from only direction, that's why he lost the war.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You guys are mean lol. Not like they can fight genetics.

also surprising that they make this much money and have some full hair near the back of their head that they can just transplant to their hairline and fix it. It’d cost like 10-20k? You might as well

Reactions: Little Psycho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad