Prospect Info: The 2024 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Which player are you most looking forward to?

• Cole Hutson, LD [USNTDP, USHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zayne Parekh, RD [Saginaw Spirit, OHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Rule of thumb… in NA development, 99.9% of the time if a player is a winger when drafted and didn’t play center. They’re going to stay a winger. You get oddities like Giroux that happen, but they are very rare. Well over half the centers get moved as they move up ranks.

With European development, there’s a small chance players move from wing to center (talking single digit percents). Most of those guys who move are typically at high level pro spots early in their career where they are playing legit pro at 16/17 prior to being drafted. They just moved up early and didn’t get center spots early. It is still pretty rare. Many of the center prospects, still end up at wing in NA. Probably a higher rate for the top guys for Europe vs NA.

Realistically if they are listed and wing or defense. That’s what they’ll play. Centers, many of them get moved over to wing. More than stick at center.

There’s very few 17 and 18 year olds who are true centers and the ones that are go high in the draft. Drafting for position is pretty worthless.
Plenty of true centers are drafted beyond the top picks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is Henry mews in this list worth trading down and selecting and picking up some compensation
Mews is another preference guy. If you like his style and skill set, you’ll shoot him up. If you can stand average frame guys who make mistakes and have some issues defensively, you won’t touch him until late in the 2nd. He’s rather polarizing. Which presents risk in the trade down strategy, but he could fall far if the board falls just right. I doubt there are more than 5-10 teams that have him high on their list. By high I mean would draft in the first.

Reactions: lionsDen

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just give me one f***ing player worth a damn out of our picks. Is that too much to ask? Idgaf if he plays 4th line. If he's a really good 4th liner, it's a home run in my books.

That's how little I think of our scouts. They honestly should be given pay cuts for their awful performance the last 15+ years.

Reactions: Murzu

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just give me one f***ing player worth a damn out of our picks. Is that too much to ask? Idgaf if he plays 4th line. If he's a really good 4th liner, it's a home run in my books.

That's how little I think of our scouts. They honestly should be given pay cuts for their awful performance the last 15+ years.
From what I hear they are probably not among the leagues better paid scouts to begin with.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

WEjuAkL.png
You're gambling he doesn't turn into the next Tony D or Mitch Miller and with a 1st.

I'm convinced Marc Bergevin drafted Malliox in the 1st out of spite. He's with the Kings now. Woner if he'll pound the table.

He's at Providence so Isles fans think Lou might take a run at him.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Zero reason they should even be drafting a player in the first round. Trade for a cost controlled value contract or a goalie upgrade.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
They used an older video saying Ottawa takes beaudoin at 25 and now buttons final has us taking him at 24. Changes from chernyshov to beaudoin.
I just decided this is my "thing" now whenever I see "delete", I'll respond with "No, you delete", and then we all have a nice chuckle while no real work gets done, and that way we all win,.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I just decided this is my "thing" now whenever I see "delete", I'll respond with "No, you delete", and then we all have a nice chuckle while no real work gets done, and that way we all win,.
That's also why I deleted, the whole article, and tsn just posting the video on YT an hour ago. Seemed like a lot to fix.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Button has him at #16 indeed in his final mock draft

Avs get Cole Beaudoin

Button had very high praise of Beaudoin, called him the best of the best in terms of playoff performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad