Prospect Info: The 2024 NHL Entry Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player are you most looking forward to?

• Cole Hutson, LD [USNTDP, USHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zayne Parekh, RD [Saginaw Spirit, OHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I would be so delighted if I went to a job interview and got to play board games while talking.

Companies really should start doing this too. My kid's therapist does the same thing with them. There's science behind distracting parts of the brain with games/legos/etc with lowers mental walls and allows more open and honest communication.

I'm quite impressed with cMac and team for being the first to implement this.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What are some players are we hoping Avs avoid?

I think Greentree is the biggest one for me, a big player who doesn't play the physical game and is not an amazing skater.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What are some players are we hoping Avs avoid?

I think Greentree is the biggest one for me, a big player who doesn't play the physical game and is not an amazing skater.
Chernyshov. People see Tkachuk where he's more Podkolzin.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any of the big defensemen who will score about 10 points in the AHL and never get called up because he’s not “earning it” and the ghosts of Jack Johnson are blocking him on the third pair.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I was going to ask if you meant Boisvert but he’s Canadian?

Gridin?
Gridin… find a way to get his drive up, but he’s a baller. I like Boisvert too, but people may have to mentally prepare for a 3C sort if he’s there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So the real question is if/when Trevor Connelly falls, do we draft him?

Skillset compared to McDavid lite / Pavel Bure....but a worse human being than DeAngelo and possibly on par with Mitchell Miller.

HDiEYDP.png

2KzKWax.png

2RvHDuH.png

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Without the off ice stuff you think he'd be a top 10 pick?
Without a doubt. He's the highest impact non-USNDTP USHL draft year player since Kyle Connor. His impact on the ice is very clear. His conduct off the ice has hurt his stock.

Hopefully we don't have to go into the details of everything here as it will fill up 50 threads. Most of the items out there about Connelly are blatantly bad, unacceptable. Some lack context. A few are misunderstood. Nuance is something the internet is not particularly good at. Only if the time comes should we really get into that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Without the off ice stuff you think he'd be a top 10 pick?
He probably had a top 5-8 season, so yes.

2RvHDuH.png

If all this came within like within a 1-year timeframe, I would be more forgiving due to an idiot teenager acting like an idiot during puberty. If this is over 2-4 years, this seems more to be the norm of his than a change in character.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nuance is something the internet is not particularly good at. Only if the time comes should we really get into that.
Aristotle was so right when he mentions that written words are basically Pejorative Slured due to how much of it can be taken out of context and that spoken words are the true essence of an argument/decision.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He probably had a top 5-8 season, so yes.

2RvHDuH.png

If all this came within like within a 1-year timeframe, I would be more forgiving due to an idiot teenager acting like an idiot during puberty. If this is over 2-4 years, this seems more to be the norm of his than a change in character.
Uh, no. I've been in youth hockey locker rooms and yes, some egregious shit goes on in them, Lord knows I said some gawdawful things trying to impress my teammates that I wish I had never said. BUT, no way in hell would anybody in those locker rooms defecate in someone's bag.

This kid sounds like baaaaaaad news. Avoid avoid avoid.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Uh, no. I've been in youth hockey locker rooms and yes, some egregious shit goes on in them, Lord knows I said some gawdawful things trying to impress my teammates that I wish I had never said. BUT, no way in hell would anybody in those locker rooms defecate in someone's bag.

This kid sounds like baaaaaaad news. Avoid avoid avoid.
Knowing the Avs' draft history perhaps it would be better to take a chance on a top 5ish talent that fell because he did some questionable things as a teen than to take a chance on another guy that more than likely won't make it to the NHL.

Reactions: Alienblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad