NCAA: The 2024 College Football Playoff: The Only Bowls That Matter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Kalen DeBoer better buy his defense new trucks for saving his ass there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Kalen DeBoer better buy his defense new trucks for saving his ass there.
I mean you can have the ball back to Texas with under 20 seconds inside their 20 by taking 3 knees. Or you hand the ball off in shotgun formation to your RB and hope to secure a first
Down to end the game.

I’m taking the knee each time.

But who takes a knee in shotgun formation? Can Penix line up under center?

Reactions: MM917

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would’ve hated for the game to end like that because the clock stops on the injury. It feels like it shouldn’t happen that way.
That is why victory formation is the best. Extremely low risk of injury. Even if you are in that formation early. Risk/reward.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's like both the Hawks and the Huskies want to inflict as much emotional pain on their fanbases as possible prior to securing a win. At least UW is still winning I suppose.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I had a mental breakdown that last minute for how the Huskies almost blew it. Took me a couple minutes to transition to the Huskies going to the national championship!
I would’ve hated for the game to end like that because the clock stops on the injury. It feels like it shouldn’t happen that way.
Yeah what a terrible rule. Start the clock again once he's up.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I mean you can have the ball back to Texas with under 20 seconds inside their 20 by taking 3 knees. Or you hand the ball off in shotgun formation to your RB and hope to secure a first
Down to end the game.

I’m taking the knee each time.

But who takes a knee in shotgun formation? Can Penix line up under center?
He could have run close to the sideline three times to kill a few seconds and taken a knee. Then on 4th down, hold everyone illegally on D to help kill the clock, and have Penix run back to the end zone to take a safety. Giving up two points there (leading 37-31) was meaningless.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He could have run close to the sideline three times to kill a few seconds and taken a knee. Then on 4th down, hold everyone illegally on D to help kill the clock, and have Penix run back to the end zone to take a safety. Giving up two points there (leading 37-31) was meaningless.
That’s too far to run back to the end zone.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not a huge college football guy

That Michigan-Alabama game was incredible

And I didn’t know about these OT rules in college. But I gotta say I kinda like them….

NFL should consider them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
instead of Houston, can we just have Michigan vs Washington play in Pasadena please? Final B1G vs Pac-12 game. It’d be poetic.
AZ is the host of the Fiesta Bowl and I believe they have hosted a CFP final before. Would have been poetic if a Pac12 location was the host, be in Cali or AZ. Like the SB, not playing it in inclement weather cities. Dome or sunny city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad