The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Peterka lost waiver exemption, Quinn still has it. So he can get sent down.
Woah. This would be a huge wake-up call. I wonder if they would do it? If they truly are working in a system of accountability and reward, he should be sent down.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
McLeod has the same xGF% as Cozens. If he's passing an eye test it's because he's scored some timely goals, and is generally getting difficult deployment.

1. The deployment part matters a lot. McLeod is getting much harder zone starts than Cozens. Having the same xGF% as a guy being set up with far easier starts it isn’t a victory lap for the player failing to do better with it. Cozens gets to start in position to score…and doesn’t. And isn’t expected to more than a guy starting on the other side of the rink against the top competition. That’s a bad number for cozens. Not proof he’s doing well. At the very least…it’s an incredible number for McLeod. Either way it isn’t a “look how good Cozens has been, actually” number.

2. No one said he hasn’t had chances. They’ve said, accurately, his stick is where those chances go to die. Every single one this year, and he was leading the team in SOG as of a couple games ago, has been a wasted opportunity. Finishing matters. I don’t give a solitary f*** how often the center on this team with the softest deployment is supposed to score when he doesn’t score any. I care a lot when that person never does. Outside of his magical shooting percentage in a contract year…Cozens isn’t a finisher. Hasn’t been. Isn’t. And until people normalize that that year was the outlier and not every other one is who he actually is…we are just spinning our wheels. They paid him for what he isn’t. Sucks. Can’t keep throwing good time after bad money

3. He’s a f***ing winger.

Reactions: zenthusiast

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'd kinda like to see some combination of Benson-Cozens-Kulich ... I dunno who if either are playing on their off wing, but I feel like Benson and Kulich could win enough puck battles and make enough happen to get Cozens going.

I wouldn't want to break any other lines up, and both Cozens and Quinn need to sit for a little while but I'll take my chances with Cozens for the moment since he's at least getting shots off sometimes lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad