The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nobody has pointed this out but the single biggest roster fail by Kevyn was not finding a replacement for Kyle Okposo. Even though everything went off the rails last season he was a veteran leader for a team of kids, and now they have no veteran leader on the roster and the results have been entirely predictable.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm gonna step away from this for a while. Woke up at 4:30 from a dream where I was reading this forum after the Sabres signed Hasek out of pure desperation, and someone posted about Hasek's prior behavior issues including a story where a plane had to have an emergency landing because Dom was being belligerent.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
thought the goalies were giving up softies both nights
I agree. The young duo hasn't found consistency yet. It sucks that they're passing through valleys at the same time.

We also haven't always put them in great spots paired with some dumb penalties and a not great PK is a recipe for swiss cheese. It's like we can't play good defensive hockey and score goals in the same game. Then with a ghostly PP there's no safety net to make up for mistakes.

There's no facet that has been reliably strong even through this short stint of games. Physicality? I guess they're throwing a lot of hits but it's not having any real game impact.

I would have liked to see them be more aggressive in their own zone against ungood teams like CBus; pressuring the wall and points. Make them make smart passes. I hate when they talk about having enough energy to play offense because that means they're going to sit back and watch in the Dzone and hope they can turn it up ice.

debaser66

Mar 10, 2012
I'm gonna step away from this for a while. Woke up at 4:30 from a dream where I was reading this forum after the Sabres signed Hasek out of pure desperation, and someone posted about Hasek's prior behavior issues including a story where a plane had to have an emergency landing because Dom was being belligerent.
Dom H. Depardieu

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Nobody has pointed this out but the single biggest roster fail by Kevyn was not finding a replacement for Kyle Okposo. Even though everything went off the rails last season he was a veteran leader for a team of kids, and now they have no veteran leader on the roster and the results have been entirely predictable.
I thought Zucker was that vet replacement.

Edit: I thought the problem was that he still looked at only his bottom 6 of his roster, as the only spot of said vet replacements. He didn’t touch the top 6 which we needed a top 6-level Vet player. Sure as hell don’t bring quality vet experience in his d-corp which they still need.

The man has a habit of not replacing what he once lost (Mittelstadt, Skinner), and has way too much confidence in his own “evaluations of players”. The guy is going to see this project of his through, whether successful or not, playoffs be damned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7zark7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad