The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
The problem with the PP is that somehow these guys keep getting worse when pressured with the puck. As soon as someone skates within a foot or two of them, they literally pass the puck in any direction most of the time (sometimes directly to the other team). I dunno if that's the fault of the puck carrier, or the guys that are supposed to be getting open and giving them options... or both.

Even if the coaching or the plan on PP is good, it's hard to tell under the circumstances, these guys can't improvise at all when things get dicey and they need to get set up again.

They have the same problems at even strength, but since they do occasionally play defense and aren't limited to 2 minutes to figure something out, it isn't quite as noticeable. On the PP though, they're all focused on offense, and frequent turnovers in the offensive zone from the slightest pressure can be brutal... both in that it usually gives the other team a free clear out of the zone, and it's easier to get behind the "defense".

The book is out that if you pressure these guys at all, they will just give you the puck. Even worse teams in the league know they'll get in the Sabres heads if they just play a few minutes or a period like it's a playoff game.

Last edited:

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I’d like to see on Tuesday (assuming Greenway can go):

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Kulich - McLeod - Quinn
Zucker - Krebs - Benson
Greenway - Lafferty - Malenstyn

Cozens in a suit.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Its unfortunate Benson can't play in the AHL.

Teams should be able to buy the rights from CHL teams for a sum of money that would help the CHL team. 200K to Benson's WHL team would be a nice cash injection for them and beneficial to Benson's development.

At the moment the WHL team benefits nothing from Benson. It seems like a win win.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
If someone had said this is the sort of Krebs they would get and that Kulich had played his way onto the team, we'd be happy.

Sadly, it's everyone else who is markedly sucky to some degree, including the goalies.
I sense a pattern here. Kinda like last year? If you had said before the season Benson was so good he stayed on the NHL roster, UPL would be a top 10 goaltender by seasons end, and Peterka would score almost 30 goals. I would have thought we made the playoff for sure given how 2022-2023 went.

But everyone else sucked.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I’d like to see on Tuesday (assuming Greenway can go):

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Kulich - McLeod - Quinn
Zucker - Krebs - Benson
Greenway - Lafferty - Malenstyn

Cozens in a suit.
Peterka-Tage-Greenway
Kulich-cozens-tuch
Zicker-McLeod-Benson/quinn
Malendtyn-Krebs-lafferty

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Its unfortunate Benson can't play in the AHL.

Teams should be able to buy the rights from CHL teams for a sum of money that would help the CHL team. 200K to Benson's WHL team would be a nice cash injection for them and beneficial to Benson's development.

At the moment the WHL team benefits nothing from Benson. It seems like a win win.
I think of you played most of the seasons games in nhl as as n 18 yr old you no longer have the CHL rights as a 19 yr old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad