The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
What about the opposite? Are there players with bad metrics that are actually good, after correcting with the eye test?

Washington's 4th line last year is one potential example, although the article I posted over the summer seems to attribute the positives mostly to Dowd and not the other two players on Buffalo now.

Can't think of many other examples, although our GMs and coaches have insisted to fans for the past decade+ that Risto and Joki are good, despite their awful numbers.
I think too often there are narratives that certain players are just plain bad players while they are in Buffalo, when in reality, most of those players are just bad when misused. They often perform quite well when used appropriately, or go elsewhere and are slotted into roles that better fit their skillset.

Knowing the player's limitations and putting them in the best situation for them to succeed is where the various coaching staffs of this organization have failed for a long time. As fans we should probably question some of the crazy coaching decisions more often than blaming the players who are playing roles that are obviously above what they are qualified to play.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Cozens and Quinn sucking is just a nightmare. Those guys are too important to our future.
Add UPL into that mix, we cant win when hes letting in 6 goals, I haven't liked his low glove and making himself small in the net again. Its like he reverted back to his suck before the second half of the season. At least hes not as scrambly like he was before and in Europe.

I see Levi running away with the start and we have a 5 million dollar back up.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Leave lines 1 and 3 alone. Temporarily platoon Cozens and Quinn; each could use some PB time.

2: Benson-Krebs-Kulich (heavy to o-zone starts)
4: Malenstyn-Lafferty-Cozens/Quinn

6K only plays the second game of back-to-backs and whenever Levi needs a rest. (I'm not giving up on 6K. He was crap early on last season too.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad