2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They're still pretty bad, only 2 draft picks on the current roster
Alriksson F #107-2023
Cam Allen D #123-2023
McFadden (17), McKenzie (17), Namestnikov (20), McLean (16), McGuire (20), Paquette (18), Stevens (16), Karabela (20) are the top scoring forwards so far.

So it might be better in a year, but it's not a great group of forwards to play with right now.

It would be fine. The playing time is what matters more.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
We really paid TK 8x8.75...

Roster is f***ed. Team is destroyed. End is nigh. Worse than JVR contract.

Defense looks horrific. We need another savior.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What is the scene with the Guelph team? Are they bad and keeping Luchanko in Philly is better for his development than being with Guelph and playing in the OHL?
They are 3-3 with 19 GF and 20 GA, missing their best player.

I have literally never seen this narrative before that an 18 year old needs to play in the NHL because his CHL team isn't good enough. It's crazy.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
What’s the deal with Dylan Cozens? Two years ago he looked on the path to being a top line center and a star. After a disappointing season last year he now has 0 points in first five games averaging more ice time than ever. Sabres can’t afford to wait forever and with his cap hit he could be a by low target. Is there still a good player in there? Would he be worth taking a shot at?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What’s the deal with Dylan Cozens? Two years ago he looked on the path to being a top line center and a star. After a disappointing season last year he now has 0 points in first five games averaging more ice time than ever. Sabres can’t afford to wait forever and with his cap hit he could be a by low target. Is there still a good player in there? Would he be worth taking a shot at?
He's still their 2C, regressed a bit last season but this scoreless run is probably just SSS variance.
I think expectations are probably more subdued, more 2C than 1C but he's only 23.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Man, I wish JJ Peterka was a flyer. He was the guy I wanted them to take in 2020. That is in no way a knock on Foerster, it is just the reality of my preferences in that draft.

At least the Flyers didn't pass on JJP twice though. After the Flyers passed, I hoped the sens would take him at 28 and 34/35

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Pettersson sucks in Vancouver, but he's a former 100 point player and still 25, he just can't forget how to play hockey. So it's either he's injured (which Vancouver management denies) or doesn' get along well with Tocchet and his system.

What can Vancouver do with him? Obviously, either fire Tocchet and hope Pettersson will get back to previous self with a new coach or trade him.

I'd say the Flyers have some very good wingers who can exactly be what Pettersson needs, and he's ok defensively so I doubt Torts will be mad on him very often. The only problem is salary. Pettersson's AAV is $11.6M, pretty risky and more important Flyers don't have enough space. But it could be an interesting gamble.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It looks like Pettersson sucks in Vancouver, but he's a former 100 point player and still 25, he just can't forget how to play hockey. So it's either he's injured (which Vancouver management denies) or doesn' get along well with Tocchet and his system.

What can Vancouver do with him? Obviously, either fire Tocchet and hope Pettersson will get back to previous self with a new coach or trade him.

I'd say the Flyers have some very good wingers who can exactly be what Pettersson needs, and he's ok defensively so I doubt Torts will be mad on him very often. The only problem is salary. Pettersson's AAV is $11.6M, pretty risky and more important Flyers don't have enough space. But it could be an interesting gamble.

Interesting gamble but the price to acquire would be astronomical.

A team wouldn’t have to pay anything for that level of talent if they have the balls to ensure they draft low enough for a few seasons.

I’m of the opinion you don’t trade for top tier talent. You draft it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Interesting gamble but the price to acquire would be astronomical.

A team wouldn’t have to pay anything for that level of talent if they have the balls to ensure they draft low enough for a few seasons.

I’m of the opinion you don’t trade for top tier talent. You draft it.

Right now Pettersson isn't worth $11.6M, not even close. At least for Vancouver. Morgan Frost looks way better than him. So they could offer Frost +1st for Pettersson. Is this astronomical? And again, Flyers would need to dump almost $9M, and it's hardly possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad