The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
This is actually extremely impressive. If they bring a great effort into Pittsburgh it’ll be more consistency than they had all last season.
Agreed. At this point I'd say they've had 2 good games (FLA, LAK) 1 ok game (NJ) and 1 bad game (NJ). Add another good game to the mix, and I'll have a bit of confidence that the record will look a bit better in a month

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The rest of that was "i can give you examples". It does kill plays. That extra move to the forehand is a killer, and the D is turning their back to the pressure and losing visibility.
It can definitely be a problem, there are players who are comfortable playing on the wrong side, like Dahlin, although it seems like it would be harder for you to play on the wrong side in defense. Sometimes you have to do everything in a split second, and you are not comfortable getting the puck out, passing the puck, or defending in a certain situation.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Any interest in Liljegren who seems to be on the block? Feels like he's too much of "Jokiharju+" for my taste but he is a right shot who has had more success than our current guys

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It can definitely be a problem, there are players who are comfortable playing on the wrong side, like Dahlin, although it seems like it would be harder for you to play on the wrong side in defense. Sometimes you have to do everything in a split second, and you are not comfortable getting the puck out, passing the puck, or defending in a certain situation.
Sure - people can do it - they are. But it is a higher risk play for a lefty than a righty.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
My guess is that there would be no real difference if there was a change of scenery Jokiharju for TL swap.
Liljegren is Swedish and seems to have played with Dahlin before.

But otherwise, probably yes, although it seems that Liljegren at one time had very decent metrics, which I did not see at that time at Jokiharju.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So if Peterka is ready to go, what's the move from Ruff? I'm sort of wondering if he puts Benson in the pressbox for a night to get closer to 100% but he's played well up with Thompson and Tuch when able. Similarly, Krebs was flying when in for Benson and doing an okay job down with Malenstyn and Lafferty with Aube-Kubel out. Kulich's looked good in the last two and flipping sides didn't slow him down any. Who comes out?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
So if Peterka is ready to go, what's the move from Ruff? I'm sort of wondering if he puts Benson in the pressbox for a night to get closer to 100% but he's played well up with Thompson and Tuch when able. Similarly, Krebs was flying when in for Benson and doing an okay job down with Malenstyn and Lafferty with Aube-Kubel out. Kulich's looked good in the last two and flipping sides didn't slow him down any. Who comes out?
Zucker or a Benson rest day

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

As you mentioned, I think he puts off the decision for a day....puts Benson in the press box to heal up, slides JJP back into the top line and plays Krebs with Beck and Sam.

After that? Kulich has looked fine, but I don't think he's done enough to earn a regular spot in the lineup. He's close....really close....but I don't think he's there yet. Down to Rochester he goes and then maybe we call up Rousek to hold down a spot in the press box.....and maybe to slide in for Krebs if Krebs slips.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why would Zucker get benched when he's been part of our best line the last 2 games?

Maybe more thinking that the crosscheck and nut shot he took would require some more time to heal? I've also thought the McLeod line with Greenway and Zucker has been consistently strong and wouldn't break them up right now unless it's a health thing.

Reactions: oldgoalie and DJN21

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Because 1 assist at 5 mill isn't enough and his old man legs might benefit from a day off....
Are we honestly expecting him to produce like a player worth 5 million? My understanding was we overpaid because we had to to get a decent vet, not that we were getting a player that will produce like a 5 million dollar player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't mind the job Zucker's doing. They're getting more d-zone starts and yet that line is still winning the shot share, chance share and high danger chance share while playing with the sort of jam they said they wanted out of the bottom of the lineup. Him and Greenway have really rumbled around out there. Outside of the one penalty, which was likely more of his blood being up after a couple cheap shots, Zucker's been good in my book.

But if his balls need more time for the swelling to go down... :laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Are we honestly expecting him to produce like a player worth 5 million? My understanding was we overpaid because we had to to get a decent vet, not that we were getting a player that will produce like a 5 million dollar player.
This is a question worth examining in many different ways lol.

Was it a smart signing especially at the price?

Can people really say pegula is cheap if he did this?

Is zucker really what we would consider a "decent vet" at this stage of a never ending rebuild?

Back to chainshots original question is it worth benching guys like kulich or Benson ar this stage to dress zucker?

Does zucker have the other form of blue balls and benching him for a game helps save him for later use?

I think all are valid questions or topics...

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Lindy gave some good positive feedback on Kulich today. Figured he'd come out for Lafferty or JJP but now I'm not so sure. Has he cemented a spot yet?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

If the plan is to eventually send Kulich down then they should probably do it now in order to keep his games down because I am sure he will need to be called up again due to injuries. That is of course if my thinking is correct and his ELC starts this season if he gets 9 games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If the plan is to eventually send Kulich down then they should probably do it now in order to keep his games down because I am sure he will need to be called up again due to injuries. That is of course if my thinking is correct and his ELC starts this season if he gets 9 games.

I thought his slide years are over.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Looking at PuckPedia and they don't indicate he has any more slide left either. GP shouldn't drive the move in that case. But that's if PuckPedia is right.

I thought Rosens ELC just started this year and Kulich's would begin next year .. but if Kulich plays 8 games this year ( since he played 1 nhl game last year) doesn't the ELC kick in immediately instead of next year?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lindy gave some good positive feedback on Kulich today. Figured he'd come out for Lafferty or JJP but now I'm not so sure. Has he cemented a spot yet?

Hope the team can post that to a platform that doesn't require me using the closed captioning to get an idea of what is said in the press huddle. :laugh:

I thought Rosens ELC just started this year and Kulich's would begin next year .. but if Kulich plays 8 games this year ( since he played 1 nhl game last year) doesn't the ELC kick in immediately instead of next year?

They show Rosen's deal as starting last year. They have this list of sliding deals - https://puckpedia.com/entry-level-slides

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Kulich sits. He and JJ were swapping in and out the practice before last.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ah ok.. so that would mean Kulichs has started this year..so really doesn't make a difference

That's how I read it too. After that initial game struggle, he's fit in nicely IMO. I'm curious to see if he can pot one to get rolling and make it ever more difficult to send him down. His faceoff prowess has been an interesting sidebar to all of his time at center in the AHL - 7 of 11 so far wasn't something I expected. Granted, tiny tiny sample and I'm sure teams will look for tells on video to get a bit better on handling him if he stays in the lineup. Granted, they also have 5 guys over 50% which makes me wonder what I put in my morning coffee as I look at that this afternoon. :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad