The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
This is just your friendly reminder that EDM was the worst team in the NHL through 15 games or so.

Quite a few teams have started poorly and went on to make the playoffs.

Many people have also successfully had a great careers and lives after being addicted to heroin.
I'm not going to start shooting up to see if I can be a success story though.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Quite a few teams have started poorly and went on to make the playoffs.

Many people have also successfully had a great careers and lives after being addicted to heroin.
I'm not going to start shooting up to see if I can be a success story though.
Brother you're still watching the Sabres, you're practically addicted to heroin as is. Might even be worse!

Benny AND Peterka practicing

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
He looked really outclassed
I don't think Kulich is ready but that whole line did. Quinn was so disappointing and I do not like Cozens as a player at all over the last 365.

I don't have a problem with trading for Byram like some do, my issue is starting to wonder if we traded the wrong center instead of Cozens.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Super great that we have to keep attaching a boat anchor to Dahlin and the reasoning is, "Jokiharju doesn't tank him as much as he's tanked every other defenseman on the roster."

The Sabres seem to look at Joki as a jack of all trades, master of none type...when in reality, he's just mediocre at everything.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We have been dreaming of a good top 4 RD for years now, while others are doing it, we are still playing with Jokiharju in the top pair.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
What's the difference between "jack of all trades, master of none" and "mediocre at everything"? I view those two statements as saying the same thing
I think he is neither of those otherwise people wouldn't be posting about him

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Nah. Heroin can be fun while watching the Sabres isn’t

giphy.gif

This seems like a pretty apt description of the last 13 years or so as a Sabres fan.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Super great that we have to keep attaching a boat anchor to Dahlin and the reasoning is, "Jokiharju doesn't tank him as much as he's tanked every other defenseman on the roster."

The Sabres seem to look at Joki as a jack of all trades, master of none type...when in reality, he's just mediocre at everything.
Dahlin hasn't looked all that much better than Joki so far, outside of two bonehead plays, and they only really play together at ES. Maybe a few shifts on the PK?

Joki also plays far fewer minutes at ES than any of the other 3 in the top 4, so I don't think he's the reason they're losing. He's not tanking anyone from what I've seen, at least not any more than the rest of the team.

If it wasn't for the PP, you might actually think that Power/Byram was the first pairing watching this team so far, which is interesting. They certainly been the best pairing by a lot, to my eyes at least.

There's also the fact that Ruff doesn't seem very comfortable playing either of Sammy of Clifton at all outside of the PK -- I don't think Ruff thinks he has any other options in the top 4 besides Joki.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Still not a fan of the D pairings. Byram and Power have both looked solid, no? I wonder if we can rely on Byram to be the main guy on his pair with Clifton? Joki goes to a 3rd pairing role with Sammy; a role Ive wanted to see him in for the past two years if he's on the squad.

Power-Dahlin
Byram-Clifton
Sammy-Joki

It's unlikely there will be a top-4 RD available, so Ruff needs to figure the D out with what he has. It's only been two games, but I don't have much faitin Joki on the top pairing.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Still not a fan of the D pairings. Byram and Power have both looked solid, no? I wonder if we can rely on Byram to be the main guy on his pair with Clifton? Joki goes to a 3rd pairing role with Sammy; a role Ive wanted to see him in for the past two years if he's on the squad.

Power-Dahlin
Byram-Clifton
Sammy-Joki

It's unlikely there will be a top-4 RD available, so Ruff needs to figure the D out with what he has. It's only been two games, but I don't have much faitin Joki on the top pairing.
Clifton isn't good enough to handle the 50% increase in ES minutes imo. Probably a worse outcome than Joki.

Also, I think putting Joki with either of Power or Byram would hurt them far more than Joki hurts Dahlin.

The problem isn't Joki's partner -- it's the fact that we don't have a single top-4 RHD on the team, and haven't for a very, very long time. And the fact that we only have 3 top-4 Dmen.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What's the difference between "jack of all trades, master of none" and "mediocre at everything"? I view those two statements as saying the same thing
First one implies you are good at everything, great at nothing. Thats why its the Jack, good, but no king or ace. Mediocre means average at best, or below average at everything.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
This is just your friendly reminder that EDM was the worst team in the NHL through 15 games or so.
Are you implying that we need to fire Lindy because EDM fired their coach after the first 15 games or so before the turnaround began?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad