Prospect Info: The 2024-2025 Prospect Thread: Part 1: Skate or Die!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Probably doesn't qualify as a prospect any more, but Vitaly Kravtsov has nine points in 11 KHL games.

Canucks still retain his rights, and his two-year KHL contract is up at the end of this season.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Probably doesn't qualify as a prospect any more, but Vitaly Kravtsov has nine points in 11 KHL games.

Canucks still retain his rights, and his two-year KHL contract is up at the end of this season.
I've still been tracking him. If he can maintain PPG pace and show more engagement there could be a chance we consider bring him back as a Sprong replacement for next season.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Unlike some others

I really don’t care that Willander is still not getting pp1 time because there’s a new Hutson on the team.

He’s going to get tons of ice time regardless, we don’t need him to be the main guy on the Canucks anyway
I don't really care either but the main argument for him staying in the NCAA over going to the AHL was that he could develop his offensive game more.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Is Willander not as talented offensively as I thought he was - he did score 25 points in 38 games, playing on the 2nd unit power play in his freshman season, or (and this is purely speculation) is there some politicking going on? Quinn Hutson comes in as freshman and immediately gets the #1 power play spot over Willander, who is in his 2nd year. It would seem Willander has earned a spot on the first unit, at least to start the season. Is there the possibility of Swedish player vs American player at a big US hockey program?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Is Willander not as talented offensively as I thought he was - he did score 25 points in 38 games, playing on the 2nd unit power play in his freshman season, or (and this is purely speculation) is there some politicking going on? Quinn Hutson comes in as freshman and immediately gets the #1 power play spot over Willander, who is in his 2nd year. It would seem Willander has earned a spot on the first unit, at least to start the season. Is there the possibility of Swedish player vs American player at a big US hockey program?

It's probably this and not that Cole Hutson's whole game is basically doing PP QB stuff and putting up the most points of any defenseman in the NTDP ever (both single-season and all-time).

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
We have some mid afternoon Canucks prospect action as Riley Patterson returns from his suspension and Vilmer Alriksson looks to bounce back after a pointless first game of the season

Reactions: Lindgren

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
More of this please

Oh man don’t fall in love too much, he could be trade bait.

I personally will be surprised if he trades him , Brewstewicz was traded because if I remember correctly I read somewhere he didn’t intend on signing an ELC with the Canucks .

And with Allvin signing Alriksson and the Mynio’s of the world and Kudryavstev got a contract early aswell I think Patterson is safe

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Patterson is one of those rare players who's been a center his entire young career. And that's the position he's projected to be play if and when he turns pro.

There's hardly an NHL organization in the league that's happy with where their center prospect depth is at. So if the Canucks see him as a center, he probably gets an ELC for that reason alone.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I personally will be surprised if he trades him , Brewstewicz was traded because if I remember correctly I read somewhere he didn’t intend on signing an ELC with the Canucks .

And with Allvin signing Alriksson and the Mynio’s of the world and Kudryavstev got a contract early aswell I think Patterson is safe
I think it depends on who we are trading for. If we are getting a top player, we will probably have to fork over a prospect and I think we probably won’t give up guys that are close to making the NHL so if this kid blows up, he could be that trade chip.
Not saying I want him to be traded, I think like all here, would love to see a low round pick make it and be a player.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I think it depends on who we are trading for. If we are getting a top player, we will probably have to fork over a prospect and I think we probably won’t give up guys that are close to making the NHL so if this kid blows up, he could be that trade chip.
Not saying I want him to be traded, I think like all here, would love to see a low round pick make it and be a

Your point has merit to it , but me personally I will be shocked if he’s traded especially if he tears up junior this year and we have almost no promising center prospects in the system with Raty now in the NHL and likely sticking.

I think that trade piece that your talking about is our 1st round pick this season , that’s what I believe will be the huge piece for that top player your talking about and they will keep the 2nd

We may not make that big trade this season as Lekkerimacki could be that big piece you add from within and Willander will most likely be with us for the playoffs once he signs the ELC after his sophomore season wraps up .

For the first time in years we have organizational depth so it will be interesting to see What direction the organization goes in at the TDL

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
would be funny if he outscored his teammate cole beaudoin who went in the 1st round.

Both had 62 points last season

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6735.jpeg

Reactions: Lindgren

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Patterson is one of those rare players who's been a center his entire young career. And that's the position he's projected to be play if and when he turns pro.

There's hardly an NHL organization in the league that's happy with where their center prospect depth is at. So if the Canucks see him as a center, he probably gets an ELC for that reason alone.
Is that especially rare for players who are still in junior?

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004

It all started with a solid hit. I remember comments last year questioning his physicality, despite his impressive size, so his toughness during camp was a pleasant surprise to me. He seems to be growing into his frame, and I hope he’ll develop into a true power forward. His improved toughness will undoubtedly boost his chances of reaching the NHL, even in a role player capacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad