Prospect Info: The 2024-2025 Prospect Thread: Part 1: Skate or Die!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Probably doesn't qualify as a prospect any more, but Vitaly Kravtsov has nine points in 11 KHL games.

Canucks still retain his rights, and his two-year KHL contract is up at the end of this season.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Probably doesn't qualify as a prospect any more, but Vitaly Kravtsov has nine points in 11 KHL games.

Canucks still retain his rights, and his two-year KHL contract is up at the end of this season.
I've still been tracking him. If he can maintain PPG pace and show more engagement there could be a chance we consider bring him back as a Sprong replacement for next season.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Unlike some others

I really don’t care that Willander is still not getting pp1 time because there’s a new Hutson on the team.

He’s going to get tons of ice time regardless, we don’t need him to be the main guy on the Canucks anyway
I don't really care either but the main argument for him staying in the NCAA over going to the AHL was that he could develop his offensive game more.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Is Willander not as talented offensively as I thought he was - he did score 25 points in 38 games, playing on the 2nd unit power play in his freshman season, or (and this is purely speculation) is there some politicking going on? Quinn Hutson comes in as freshman and immediately gets the #1 power play spot over Willander, who is in his 2nd year. It would seem Willander has earned a spot on the first unit, at least to start the season. Is there the possibility of Swedish player vs American player at a big US hockey program?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Is Willander not as talented offensively as I thought he was - he did score 25 points in 38 games, playing on the 2nd unit power play in his freshman season, or (and this is purely speculation) is there some politicking going on? Quinn Hutson comes in as freshman and immediately gets the #1 power play spot over Willander, who is in his 2nd year. It would seem Willander has earned a spot on the first unit, at least to start the season. Is there the possibility of Swedish player vs American player at a big US hockey program?

It's probably this and not that Cole Hutson's whole game is basically doing PP QB stuff and putting up the most points of any defenseman in the NTDP ever (both single-season and all-time).

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
We have some mid afternoon Canucks prospect action as Riley Patterson returns from his suspension and Vilmer Alriksson looks to bounce back after a pointless first game of the season

Reactions: Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad