GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:
Benson is a midget and plays left wing. Why is he a better fit than a big center?

Are you guys building an AEW roster or a hockey team?
He can play center. But even if he doesn’t. He is the more skilled player and also good at defense with a great motor. And size alone doesn’t mean anything, if you can’t produce at the nhl level. Danielson is solid but the offensive upside is more questionable than with other guys who were available

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He can play center. But even if he doesn’t. He is the more skilled player and also good at defense with a great motor. And size alone doesn’t mean anything, if you can’t produce at the nhl level. Danielson is solid but the offensive upside is more questionable than with other guys who were available
I hope Yzerman sees something we don't. Unlike Kasper I have hope that there's a pretty good offensive upside waiting to be developed in his game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I love how people here are still sooo super confident in how these picks will turn out in spite of endless evidence to the contrary year after year.

I can understand being bummed the guy you wanted was picked by someone else, but people are acting like Yzerman passed on Bedard.
I used to really enjoy looking into prospects and rankings and spent a lot of time and got a lot of enjoyment out of it. But, I found the past 2 years I've enjoyed the draft way more knowing very little. Makes it fun to look stuff up during and learn rather than stew in disappointment.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Lol at people saying Benson wasn’t worth it cause “he’s small”. As if that’s held back someone like Johnny Hockey.

The game is now about speed and skill, not size and character.

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad