The 2022 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What does the cba say?
Cba says u can become a ufa at 25. U hold out for 2 years that becomes 27. What are 2 years of UfA worth? $20M+?

a cap on entry level salaries wasn’t in place w Lindros. Its why this doesn’t happen anymore.

Reactions: Jakey53

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I am going to assume we finish dead last .. and that we lose both lotteries.. (don’t want to get the hopes up)

So picking third, at this point we are thinking Savoi, Geekie, or Lambert?
Edit : Yurov and Nemec I see are now rated higher.

or do we have the assets to move from third to first? Do we want to trade up?
I would think for sure if it was the 2023 draft.. but should we try for 2022?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I am going to assume we finish dead last .. and that we lose both lotteries.. (don’t want to get the hopes up)

Nobody trades that 1st ov pick unless its a weaker draft. This isn’t a Patrick Stepan type of draft.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert

I'm also assuming we don't get #1 but don't think we will be able to trade for it. What I would like to do is take best forward available at that spot, then trade up into top ten for best defenseman available.

Reactions: moosemeister

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Are you assuming Kemmel goes 2nd overall?

I’d say our two most likely picks in that case would be Miroshnichenko or Savoie. But remember it’s REALLY early in the season to predict stuff like this.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Agreed. Would like to leave this first round with two forwards and One defense
Chychrun is young, Soderstrom is developing nicely, and we just acquired Timmins, Kolyachonok, and Moser. I’m not feeling a ton of pressure to make sure we take a D in round #1. If they like three forwards best with those picks and focus on D a bit more in the 2nd round, I’m cool with that.

A kid I’m starting to warm up to as an option with our our 2nd is Noah Warren from Gatineau. He reminds me a bit of Connor Murphy at the same age.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Are you assuming Kemmel goes 2nd overall?

I’d say our two most likely picks in that case would be Miroshnichenko or Savoie. But remember it’s REALLY early in the season to predict stuff like this.

If he keeps his play up, there's a possibility that Kemell may go 1OA.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Who are you guys feeling right now as 2nd round targets you like?

For me, I’m really liking Noah Warren, Sam Savoie, Josh Davies, and Liam Arnsby.

I’ve talked a lot about Savoie and Arnsby in this thread. Less about Davies.

Davies plays such a simple, hard-nosed game. He is ALWAYS going hard to the net. Throws big hits. He’ll fight anyone. He’s a fearless little winger. Poor man’s Brendan Morrow is what I see in him. Could maybe be our next Ben McCartney.

Here he is destroying a Regina player, and then getting absolutely jumped by a 6’5 player (Davies is 5’10) and the he beats the dog-crap outta the big boy:

Reactions: Grimes

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Speaking of Liam Arnsby and fights. It was just the other night (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) against Kingston that I realized he was 17 and not 20 as I had assumed. He fought Kingston tough guy Nathan Poole (tied for 2nd in the OHL in PIMs). Like the Davies video about, Arnsby crushed an opposing player with a huge check and then got jumped by a much bigger player. Arnsby didn’t exactly feed Poole his lunch, but he really acquitted himself quite well against an opponent that has probably 20lbs on him:

Not bad for a kid who’s North Bay’s captain at age 17 and is a point-per-game player so far on a rebuilding team. Very responsible two-way center man, too from what I’ve seen. It’s why I thought he was 20.

Arnsby might be my target with the Avs pick, honestly.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If he keeps his play up, there's a possibility that Kemell may go 1OA.
True. OHL was cancelled last season. I think Wright will heat up once he and his teammates shake off the rust a bit. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had 2pts per game pace the last few months of this season. Unlike Savoie and Kemmel, Wright sat out a whole year.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I wouldn’t be too sad if right now if we ended up with:

1-1 (ARI): Shane Wright (C)
1-15(MTL): Denton Mateychuk (LD)
1-30(COL): Liam Arnsby (C)
2-33(ARI): Noah Warren (RD)
2-40(VAN): Gleb Trikozov (C)
2-50(SJS): Sam Savoie (C)
2-55(NYI): Josh Davies (LW)
2-60(PHI): Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
If Colorado doesn't turn things around soon that pick could take out some of the sting of losing Montreal's top ten. I don't think the return of Price is going to help them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad