Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
no, YOU are missing the point

and Gomez being picked 27th was a HOME RUN pick for us. do you think he'd go there again in a re-draft?

Gomez's production in his career was that of a 1st line center for a lot of years. thats what you are looking for from your top 10 pick. it doesnt matter where he was picked originally.

I'm not even talking about Gomez. I'm talking about Barzal.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I would not be too happy with this draft.
Rantanen and Yan have high bust potential plus too many defensemen.
Devils mock courtesy of Draftsite.com

1 6 Mikko Rantanen RW TPS Turku (SM-liiga) 6' 3.75" 195
2 36 Dennis Yan LW Shawinigan (QMJHL) 6' 2" 192
2 41 Brandon Carlo D Tri-City (WHL) 6' 5" 185
3 67 Sami Niku D JYP Jyvaskyla (SM-liiga) 6' 1" 176
4 97 Nikita Pavlychev C Des Moines (USHL) 6' 6" 206
5 140 Lukas Jasek RW Trinec (Czech) 5' 11.75" 172
6 157 Grant Gabriele D US-Under-17 (USAH-NTDP) 6' 2" 170
7 206 Michael Lackey G US-Under-17 (USAH-NTDP) 6' 2" 205

I thought we only had 6 picks...
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Future/Devils.htm

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
I missed the part when we compared a teenager to Scott Gomez's career. It's all good, draft day soon come.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I see Hanifin dropping to around 8th.

Edm: McDavid
Buff: Eichel
Zona: Marner
TML: Strome
Car: Provorov
Devils: Barzal
Philly: Zacha
CBJ: Hanifin
SJ: Rantanen
Col: Werenski

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
True but it would be Hanifin who we don't need as much as a forward.

Hence where I would consider trading back a couple spots, if someone wanted Hanifin badly enough to give us another two - at least if this draft is as top heavy as it's made out to be here. It's funny how people claim we have the sixth pick in a five player top of the draft yet don't want to trade back a single spot if we do get into the third tier of forwards (with Marner/Strome the supposed second tier). At that point would it really matter if we're drafting 6 or 9, if all the forwards are around the same?

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Hence where I would consider trading back a couple spots, if someone wanted Hanifin badly enough to give us another two - at least if this draft is as top heavy as it's made out to be here. It's funny how people claim we have the sixth pick in a five player top of the draft yet don't want to trade back a single spot if we do get into the third tier of forwards (with Marner/Strome the supposed second tier). At that point would it really matter if we're drafting 6 or 9, if all the forwards are around the same?

I would draft Hanifin but it would be annoying like Jones with Nashville. Trading back would require an overpayment because Hanifin would be by far the BPA.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Strome is the least impressive of the top 5. Barzal should not even be in consideration for top 5.

#Zacha

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I would draft Hanifin but it would be annoying like Jones with Nashville. Trading back would require an overpayment because Hanifin would be by far the BPA.

One thing I can't see Shero doing is trying to outsmart the draft. If someone like Hanifin falls to us at 6 you take him and then focus the rest of the draft on forward. You don't pass up a player of his quality just because he plays the wrong position. Kind of like when Carey Price got drafted by Montreal in the 1st round. The Canadiens got criticized by some experts as they supposedly didn't need a goalie, turned out ok for them though:naughty:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I see Hanifin dropping to around 8th.

Edm: McDavid
Buff: Eichel
Zona: Marner
TML: Strome
Car: Provorov
Devils: Barzal
Philly: Zacha
CBJ: Hanifin
SJ: Rantanen
Col: Werenski

I'd be personally surprised if Carolina took Provorov over Hanifin. And if he Hanifin was available at #6, San Jose would be calling us in an instant. Hanifin's the type of D that they haven't had during their run under Doug Wilson. Plus their head scout Tim Burke is stationed in Boston and they've had a tendency to draft New England area players more than other teams.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If Hanifin is there at 6, ransom the pick. If the offers aren't good enough, we take him.

Treat the situation as a unique one, not what it costs to move up x number of draft spots, what it costs a team to get their hands on Noah. Jack up the price and see who pays. If no one meets our demands we find other ways to fill the forward spots and focus on drafting them the rest of the way.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
If Hanifin is there at 6, ransom the pick. If the offers aren't good enough, we take him.

Treat the situation as a unique one, not what it costs to move up x number of draft spots, what it costs a team to get their hands on Noah. Jack up the price and see who pays. If no one meets our demands we find other ways to fill the forward spots and focus on drafting them the rest of the way.

AMEN! To me, the best case is Hanifin falls to us and CLB gives us at least a second (plus swapping 1sts of course) for it. Then we get Barzal at 8. Just my pipe dream.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site

:nod:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
If he falls to us he will be a Devil. Hanifin is untradable. That is a player you build around.

We could then trade a dman for drai

I wanted to deal 6OA (+) if hani was there for drai & yak
But seeing posts to get an addl 2nd and 8 OA for hani does not seem like enough to me
Gotta be a bigger haul if we give up sixth

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
We could then trade a dman for drai

I wanted to deal 6OA (+) if hani was there for drai & yak
But seeing posts to get an addl 2nd and 8 OA for hani does not seem like enough to me
Gotta be a bigger haul if we give up sixth

If we give up the 6th with Hanifin on the board, yes. If it's Provorov the demand will be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad