The 2013 ATD Sign Up Thread (MOD: Draft order in post 415)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, personally I think we'll have 32 teams before Friday, so whenever we get the 32 teams whether it be tomorrow or later this week, have it set so that the draft can start anytime between the 16th and the 19th of January.

SchultzSquared*

This looks like fun although you folks could probably have done this over the lockout and made everyone feel a little less withdrawal :laugh:. The older threads I was reading made the time pass a little faster. Boy you've all done the "ATD" a lot! I'd like to try this out.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It is one of the ugliest team logo I have ever saw in my life, and I shiver just by the single thought of having the dishonor of looking at it every time I scroll through the roster page.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Elton John wore that while singing Philadelphia Freedom! I think he had too much freedom.

Hope it doesn't affect your drafting ability......:sarcasm:
The mighty Eagle has one of the highest career winning % of all time! :amazed: Witness his greatness below:

All-Time Draft #7 Division Winner and Quarter Finalist
All-Time Draft #8 Division Winner and Semi Finalist
All-Time Draft #9 Division Winner and Finalist
All-Time Draft #10 Division Winner and Semi Finalist
All-Time Draft #11 Division Winner and Quarter Finalist
All-Time Draft #12 Division Winner and Champion
All-Time Draft #13 (2010) Division Runner-Up
All-Time Draft #14 (2011) Division Runner-Up

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This looks like fun although you folks could probably have done this over the lockout and made everyone feel a little less withdrawal :laugh:. The older threads I was reading made the time pass a little faster. Boy you've all done the "ATD" a lot! I'd like to try this out.

You're welcome to join, but you sure you're ready to have your own team? Just asking because you're new and sometimes new posters don't know what they're getting into.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
The mighty Eagle has one of the highest career winning % of all time! :amazed: Witness his greatness below:

Thanks GMM. However, gotta admit that I feel like I'm past my prime. I remember when I first started I didn't really care about past ATD rankings. I would read on Tommy Phillips, Si Griffis, Jack Darragh (who were all MLD fixture at the time) and couldn't understand why they were not pick higher, so I would just snag them. I would then make a decent case for them and I would win my division. I've never been the best at constructing a team, but those steals would give me an edge.

Now today, all the GM's are very smart and with so much ATD's done, it's extremely hard to find those gems. The GM's that is gonna win their divisions/drafts are masters at constructing a perfectly balanced team, alongside great dedication and spice up with some luck. It's much harder to do well in the ATD now than 6-7 drafts ago. Everyone that wins their division in today's age should really be proud of their accomplishment.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Thanks GMM. However, gotta admit that I feel like I'm past my prime. I remember when I first started I didn't really care about past ATD rankings. I would read on Tommy Phillips, Si Griffis, Jack Darragh (who were all MLD fixture at the time) and couldn't understand why they were not pick higher, so I would just snag them. I would then make a decent case for them and I would win my division. I've never been the best at constructing a team, but those steals would give me an edge.

Now today, all the GM's are very smart and with so much ATD's done, it's extremely hard to find those gems. The GM's that is gonna win their divisions/drafts are masters at constructing a perfectly balanced team, alongside great dedication and spice up with some luck. It's much harder to do well in the ATD now than 6-7 drafts ago. Everyone that wins their division in today's age should really be proud of their accomplishment.

Aren't you like 25-26?! Just entering prime - you're the Theo Epstein of the ATD.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
You're welcome to join, but you sure you're ready to have your own team? Just asking because you're new and sometimes new posters don't know what they're getting into.

Just to follow-up for Schultzy there...I've done 2 drafts (MLD and AAA) and I still consider myself new and expected to be overwhelmed by the ATD to the point where I probably wouldn't have done it unless I could be a co-GM.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Aren't you like 25-26?! Just entering prime - you're the Theo Epstein of the ATD.
Except for the past his prime part, I agree with everything EB said. As for him being the Theo Epstein of the ATD, the Cubs lost over 100 games last year, Theo let Aramis Ramirez go and Aramis finished top 9 in the NL MVP voting last year. The ATD is getting tougher and my goal is to learn from my past mistakes and slightly improve every year. If I do that, I'll be a happy man.

Last edited:

SchultzSquared*

It seems like it's pretty straight forward "TheDevilMadeMe"- don't be a killjoy by mentioning players not "drafted" yet, no silly trades, no silly picks like 16 years old Sidney Crosby. Then it's just a matter of being around and not holding anybody up.

Worst thing that happens is I build a not so good team and have some fun and learn some things doing it!

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
It seems like it's pretty straight forward "TheDevilMadeMe"- don't be a killjoy by mentioning players not "drafted" yet, no silly trades, no silly picks like 16 years old Sidney Crosby. Then it's just a matter of being around and not holding anybody up.

Worst thing that happens is I build a not so good team and have some fun and learn some things doing it!

That's the spirit. Look at the last few drafts for inspiration and perhaps also the roster pages to see how teams were built. Having fun and learning is what count the most, absolutely :)

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

We're not really worried about how good or bad your team is going to be. We've had some rookies build some great teams.

The question with new GMs is always whether or not they'll stick around if things go south. If you make a bad pick, you're going to get slammed on it. Some new GMs get slammed a few times and just quit, and then we have to find a replacement for that team, which is a major problem. Sometimes it doesn't even take bad picks or criticism - some GMs just have no idea how much time and commitment this thing takes.

I would prefer that ALL new GMs take on an expeienced co-GM... but I'm just one vote, and I won't put up a fight either way. You seem to have a good attitude about it, so that's a good start :)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
no offense taken (and, thanks for the good words vanislander)...

if there is an excess of gm's this year, i'd certainly be keen on co-gm'ing. hopefully any co-gm would be interested in keeping the thistle name going (it would be weird to be in an atd now as a different team)...

My cousin BudsBuster was trained by me and got his feet wet in the ongoing AAA draft. The whole reason he did that was to prepare for an ATD. he told me today he is interested in joining as a co-GM. Looks like you and he would be a good fit.

He would come in here and say that himself, but apparently he won’t sign on from work anymore.

I will email him now too and see what he says about this.

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
I suggested DemonsOnIce96 earlier in the thread as a possible teammate for papershoes, I guess not though....

i'm good with anybody really - i guess i was playing it passively and waiting for someone to pm me. i'll pm both later and see who is interested (afterall, i have orchestrated some pretty crazy trades in years past - don't want to damage any of the newbies :))

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
i'll be teaming up with SchultzSquared for the ATD...

and, we'll stick with the Kenora Thistles team name.

And, after an extensive career of crazy ATD trading, SchultzSquared will be the Thistles trade negotiator.

Looking forward to the draft...

SchultzSquared*

Thank you for agreeing to help me Papershoes. With your page wizardry and my cautious trading we will be a power house. Among Kenora teams anyway. ;)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
i'll be teaming up with SchultzSquared for the ATD...

and, we'll stick with the Kenora Thistles team name.

And, after an extensive career of crazy ATD trading, SchultzSquared will be the Thistles trade negotiator.

Looking forward to the draft...

You're a great one for a rookie to team with, since you're always active early, but tend to get busy with work towards the end of the draft - by the time you get busy, your partner should be more in the swing of things

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Just three (3) spots left!

1. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
3. Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
4. Jafar - Montreal Canadiens
5. God Made Me - St. Catharines Teepees
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
8. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
9. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
10. Dwight - West Island Lions
11. Johnny Engine - Yekaterinburg Automobilist
12. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Shamrocks
13. Nalyd Psycho & Mike Farkas - Minnesota Fighting Saints
14. Velociraptor - Trail Smoke Eaters
15. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
16. nik jr. - University of Alaska Nanooks
17. DoMakc - HC Donbass
18. tony d - Baltimore Blades
19. BraveCanadian - Guelph Platers
20. Stoneberg - Halifax Mooseheads
21. Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Athletic Club
22. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers
23. VanIslander & Hedberg - Hershey Bears
24. EagleBelfour & DaveG - Les Nordiques de Québec
25. Reds4Life - Detroit Red Wings
26. jkrx & KingForsberg - Philadelphia Firebirds
27. papershoes & SchultzSquared - Kenora Thistles
28. DemonsOnIce96 - Renfrew Creamery Kings
29. vecens24 & Dreakmur - Mystery Alaskans

Then we will have 8 divisions of 4 teams each.

I updated this list, but thank you MOD for posting it in the thead title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad