The 2013 ATD Sign Up Thread (MOD: Draft order in post 415)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I agree with doing the lottery once we hit 32 teams (so GMs can start to think about a strategy based on their drafting position) but I think we should discuss the rules before we start the draft in order to avoid confusion and conflicts during it.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I agree with doing the lottery once we hit 32 teams (so GMs can start to think about a strategy based on their drafting position) but I think we should discuss the rules before we start the draft in order to avoid confusion and conflicts during it.

How much time does it take someone to form an ATD Strategy? I think people who wanna see the lottery as soon as possible are just itching to see their position. Trying to find up which Christmas present Santa sent before Christmas day.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
better than spending months bickering about the rules and making them up as we go along, which is what happens every single draft that we don't talk about them beforehand.

yes.. the rules need to be decided upon before the draft. Then everyone is aware of how we're going to deal with things.

Then if people do have issues they can shelve them for the next draft planning instead of *****ing about it and if they don't like the rules they can opt out.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

Unless you pick first, a) you'll have time to think while other pick. b) You never know who will actually be available anyway.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
How much time does it take someone to form an ATD Strategy? I think people who wanna see the lottery as soon as possible are just itching to see their position. Trying to find up which Christmas present Santa sent before Christmas day.

Yes , so? :naughty:

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I would like to GM the Hershey Bears, the longest standing AHL franchise. There is a veteran GM I've asked to co-GM with me and if he accepts I'd be ecstatic, but either way, here it is. Below is a photo of opening night in 1938, followed by the badge of their anniversary this year:

532456_10151216424394790_1654426260_n.jpg

20121227_084140_bears75_300.jpg

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If we go with an 8-division draft of 4 teams each, that means a cap at 32 teams. Just four (4) spots left then!

1. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
3. Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
4. BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
5. God Made Me - St. Catharines Teepees
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
8. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
9. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
10. Dwight - West Island Lions
11. Johnny Engine - Yekaterinburg Automobilist
12. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Shamrocks
13. Nalyd Psycho & Mike Farkas - Minnesota Fighting Saints
14. Velociraptor - Trail Smoke Eaters
15. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
16. nik jr. - University of Alaska Nanooks
17. DoMakc - HC Donbass
18. tony d - Baltimore Blades
19. BraveCanadian - Guelph Platers
20. Stoneberg - Halifax Mooseheads
21. Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Athletic Club
22. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers
23. VanIslander & Hedberg - Hershey Bears
24. EagleBelfour & DaveG - Les Nordiques de Québec
25. Reds4Life - Detroit Red Wings
26. jkrx & KingForsberg - Philadelphia Firebirds
27. papershoes & SchultzSquared - Kenora Thistles
28. DemonsOnIce96 - Renfrew Creamery Kings
29. vecens24 & Dreakmur - TBA

Last edited:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If we go with an 8-division draft of 4 teams each, that means a cap at 32 teams. Just six spots left then!

1. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
3. Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
4. BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
5. God Made Me - St. Catharines Teepees
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
8. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
9. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
10. Dwight - West Island Lions
11. Johnny Engine - Yekaterinburg Automobilist
12. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Shamrocks
13. Nalyd Psycho & Mike Farkas - Minnesota Fighting Saints
14. Velociraptor - Trail Smoke Eaters
15. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
16. nik jr. - University of Alaska Nanooks
17. DoMakc - HC Donbass
18. tony d - Baltimore Blades
19. BraveCanadian - Guelph Platers
20. Stoneberg - Halifax Mooseheads
21. Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Athletic Club
22. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers
23. VanIslander - Hershey Bears
24. EagleBelfour - TBA
25. jkrx & KingForsberg - TBA
26. vecens24 & Dreakmur - TBA

So I get to choose between Gretzky and Howe? :naughty:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm available to co-GM with someone, will not be able to handle things on my own as time is rather limited for me of late.

edit: signing on to work with EagleBelfour

Last edited:

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Dave and myself will officially co-GM a team together. Brand new experience to have a Co-GM in this it should be fun. As for our team name, it will be:

attachment.php

Les Nordiques de Québec

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
PM invites to people you think would be really good ATDers (like experienced History boarders here at H'sF). We have two newbies so far, each co-GMing with a veteran.

Veteran ATDers not yet signed up include: sturminator(!), seventieslord(!), in addition to arrbez, raleh, tarheelhockey, reds4life, selfish man, canadiens1958, troll ward, overpass, shawnmullin, budsbuster, jarek, chaosrevolver. Invites have been sent to all of these via PM. Did I miss any obvious ATD veterans who ought to be invited? If so, invite them.

So, four teams short of 32, those spots should fill up in the next week or two.

Last edited:

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
i'm in again...

kenora THISTLES
KenoraThistlesJersey.jpg

I mean this in the best way possible. papershoes you always make great picks when you're around and I love it.

But....with an overload of GMs this year apparently, how do you feel about a co-GM papershoes? You never make picks on time and the last two drafts you've had a multiple pick overload late. Again, I mean this in the best way possible. I just feel that you'd be a very good candidate for a co-GM....

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
More experienced ATDers PM'd.

In defense of papershoes (and chaosrevolver).... he posts late but he always comes through and finishes his roster, does not abandon the draft, simply gets too busy at times. His teams suffer but he comes through in the end.

15698937-running-late-words-on-clock-runner-behind-time-as-crosses-finish-line-and-loses-the-race-due-to-slow.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad