The 2013 ATD Sign Up Thread (MOD: Draft order in post 415)

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
The Renfrew Creamery Kings are making a return.
Get ready.
It's going to get all-starry!

Also, I'm fairly new to this but think I get the general gist of it. Is there a rules/guidelines thread I can take a look at.

The terrible three are back:
Newsy, Lester, and Frank are coming. Get ready for the best NHA team you'll ever see!

Attachments

• terriblethree.jpg
    terriblethree.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
I mean this in the best way possible. papershoes you always make great picks when you're around and I love it.

But....with an overload of GMs this year apparently, how do you feel about a co-GM papershoes? You never make picks on time and the last two drafts you've had a multiple pick overload late. Again, I mean this in the best way possible. I just feel that you'd be a very good candidate for a co-GM....

no offense taken (and, thanks for the good words vanislander)...

if there is an excess of gm's this year, i'd certainly be keen on co-gm'ing. hopefully any co-gm would be interested in keeping the thistle name going (it would be weird to be in an atd now as a different team)...

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
ATD has always been a fun experience for me. Count me in. Team will be named Detroit Red Wings.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
ATD has always been a fun experience for me. Count me in. Team will be named Detroit Red Wings.
:clap:

If we go with an 8-division draft of 4 teams each, that means a cap at 32 teams. Just three (3) spots left then!

1. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
3. Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
4. BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
5. God Made Me - St. Catharines Teepees
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
8. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
9. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
10. Dwight - West Island Lions
11. Johnny Engine - Yekaterinburg Automobilist
12. Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Shamrocks
13. Nalyd Psycho & Mike Farkas - Minnesota Fighting Saints
14. Velociraptor - Trail Smoke Eaters
15. JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers
16. nik jr. - University of Alaska Nanooks
17. DoMakc - HC Donbass
18. tony d - Baltimore Blades
19. BraveCanadian - Guelph Platers
20. Stoneberg - Halifax Mooseheads
21. Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Athletic Club
22. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers
23. VanIslander & Hedberg - Hershey Bears
24. EagleBelfour & DaveG - Les Nordiques de Québec
25. Reds4Life - Detroit Red Wings
26. jkrx & KingForsberg - Philadelphia Firebirds
27. vecens24 & Dreakmur - TBA
28. papershoes - Kenora Thistles (willing to take on a co-GM if needed)
29. DemonsOnIce96 - Renfrew Creamery Kings (interested in an experienced co-GM)

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I would be very much against having more than 32 teams. The 40-teams disaster draft we had not long ago still taste bitter to me.
The elegant (and equal) nature of having eight divisions at four teams per division as a new structure pretty much assures that 32 should be the maximum this time around!

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Thanks everyone for the nice posts. I'll be back in a few days and I'll announce a team name as soon as I've heard from KingForsberg.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
So when is the targeted start date for this? I can see us having all 32 teams ready later this week, maybe run the lottery next weekend and then have a week for discussing the rules or what not and start the draft anytime between the 19th and 22nd. Looking forward to getting this started.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
So when is the targeted start date for this? I can see us having all 32 teams ready later this week, maybe run the lottery next weekend and then have a week for discussing the rules or what not and start the draft anytime between the 19th and 22nd. Looking forward to getting this started.

Sounds reasonable.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
It is one of the ugliest team logo I have ever saw in my life, and I shiver just by the single thought of having the dishonor of looking at it every time I scroll through the roster page.

Hope it doesn't affect your drafting ability......:sarcasm:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So, any objections to having a DEADLINE TO JOIN DATE of FRIDAY, JANUARY 11th?

It helps recruitment to have a set date. Then spitfire11 can be asked to do his traditional draw-names-from-a-hat trick on the weekend.

The official ATD start date would then be Friday, January 18th at 12 noon eastern time.

Can I PM this to everyone?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
So, any objections to having a DEADLINE TO JOIN DATE of FRIDAY, JANUARY 11th?

It helps recruitment to have a set date. Then spitfire11 can be asked to do his traditional draw-names-from-a-hat trick on the weekend.

The official ATD start date would then be Friday, January 18th at 12 noon eastern time.

Can I PM this to everyone?

That might not be enough time to finalize the rules if certain options win the trading poll.

Also, if no trades wins, one's draft spot becomes more important. I would then be in favor of your old idea of having people give preferences for where they would start.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Fine. No preset dates then.

I've PM'd these. Now it's your turn guys!

Veteran ATDers not yet signed up include: sturminator(!), seventieslord(!), in addition to arrbez, raleh, tarheelhockey, reds4life, selfish man, canadiens1958, troll ward, overpass, shawnmullin, budsbuster, jarek, chaosrevolver. Invites have been sent to all of these via PM. Did I miss any obvious ATD veterans who ought to be invited? If so, invite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad