Player Discussion Thatcher Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I always find the reaction to PM's posts interesting considering he doesn't represent it as a matter of fact. It's up to you to decide how much you value the speculation.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... Both are further along than Demko was at that age IMHO, ...
When Demko was the age Tolopilo is now he had two full seasons as an AHL starter and had been Markstrom's backup for about a year. When he was Silovs' age he had those two full seasons as AHL starter and about a half season as Markstrom's backup with stats better than those of either Silovs or Tolopilo. In the NHL playoffs Demko had played fewer games than Silovs has but while Silovs did an adequate NHL job when called upon, Demko in his brief 2020 playoff run was sensational.

Imo Demko was ahead of where each of Silovs and Tolopilo are when he was their respective ages.

Reactions: rypper

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Just skates? Like walking? Where?

Demko is fairly old as far as star goalies go believe it or not. Some really good ones have been good since they were 23 yrs old. Demko will be 29 this season. Hellybuck will be 31.

He used to be a real honest source until they got an audience then the Canucks pressured him to become more a marketing arm of the team. At first being independent from Rogers he was believable but now it's like a ventriloquist talking.
He doesn't research what he is told from the Canucks.

Sure miss Botchford, just told it like it was. What was evident to thee majority of fans.
I was more referring to them being further ahead of Demko at 22-23 and he was highly touted at that age.
I admit to being bullish on Tolipilo but I don't see a lot of holes in his game especially tracking from a distance which Silovs still and Demko until a couple of years ago struggled with.

I also think as an organization, we are near or at the top when it comes to goalie outlook. They may not get the hype of Askarov, or Walldstat but Ian personally targeted them and has already gotten his hooks in them and despite not being their on ice coach will still be a big influence on them. As for Demko, as usual this fan base needs to step off the ledge, Allvin has said from the start they expect him for game 1, which means they clearly had his training camp mapped out for him to be ready but instead most used the fact that they were looking at another goalie strictly for depth or even a PTO for camp to fill vet quotas in split squad games or for any reason really, to mass panic to the point we should trade Demko before we've even seen him miss a game.

Reactions: theguardianII

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
When Demko was the age Tolopilo is now he had two full seasons as an AHL starter and had been Markstrom's backup for about a year. When he was Silovs' age he had those two full seasons as AHL starter and about a half season as Markstrom's backup with stats better than those of either Silovs or Tolopilo. In the NHL playoffs Demko had played fewer games than Silovs has but while Silovs did an adequate NHL job when called upon, Demko in his brief 2020 playoff run was sensational.

Imo Demko was ahead of where each of Silovs and Tolopilo are when he was their respective ages.
Ya I screwed up on Nikitas age, I thought he was 22. Still tho his numbers in Sweden (2nd league) and then from what I saw last year and Ian's comments while being 6'6 I just think he's going to cement himself this year.

Thanks for the info and not being a dick about my wrong info.
Numbers wise Demko was clearly ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad