Recalled/Assigned: Teuvo Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pking and defensive value are close and I certainly consider Smith better in the offensive zone.

Smith also brings more energy and grit.

Kruger is better at both, and all Smith does is cycle behind the net with the puck. Kruger has had better offensive totals every year.

Kruger is the better player.

But, we'll let it get back to TT.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I thought Teuvo looked much better last night even with the limited minutes.

I thought so too.
Then again he looked pretty terrible in that first game so he had nowhere to go but up.

I just hope it continues.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Hawks have a killer stretch coming ... 3 games in 4 nights (THUR- FRI - SUN)

All hands on deck ... need everybody healthy

TT should get his chances the next 4 days

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Both Smith and Kruger are guys we should retain if at all possible. Both guys are good for the cost and in the context of this team. They have different attributes, sure, but each are --- as far as I am concerned --- equally valuable to the team and, in the absolute sense.. valuable to the team.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You obviously keep Kruger over Smith if forced to make that decision. That's not even close.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
One thing you guys might not have thought about is that TT still have not been on the ice for a goal against in hes 6 nhl apperances.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
That's silly, he actually had a pretty good game on Tuesday.

Scott powers confirmed that he heard it would be TT. I understand you want to get somebody physical and in front of the net on each line (makes a ton of sense to me) But why not move Shaw to wing and sit Nordstrom for a game. in the last 5 he has played no points, -2 and the line has really not done anything.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I expected it to be Nordstrom considering TT was centering Shaw and Bickell, as well as Kane/Hossa/Sharp at times. Just send TT down if you're expecting him to be that net front presence. Exactly why I think he needs to move to winger.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If it's true that Q sits TT tonight - then I'm convinced and no one will convince me otherwise the Q is intentionally jerking around another young player. What his motivation for doing so is in question, although I suspect it's Q's power struggle move against Stan bringing up one player when Q prefered another player. The difference this time is that it's the top rated prospect in the organization that he's jerking around. I don't care if TT is playing for the Hawks or the Hogs because a case can certainly be made that he would benefit by more playing time in Rockford - just don't treat him like a pawn on a chessboard. He should have been left in Rockford rather than brought up to play 2 games and then sat like a 4th line scrub.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
It's weird because I thought he looked good last game and Q was complimentary about his play afterwards.

I really hope this isn't shenanigans.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
If it's true that Q sits TT tonight - then I'm convinced and no one will convince me otherwise the Q is intentionally jerking around another young player. What his motivation for doing so is in question, although I suspect it's Q's power struggle move against Stan bringing up one player when Q prefered another player. The difference this time is that it's the top rated prospect in the organization that he's jerking around. I don't care if TT is playing for the Hawks or the Hogs because a case can certainly be made that he would benefit by more playing time in Rockford - just don't treat him like a pawn on a chessboard. He should have been left in Rockford rather than brought up to play 2 games and then sat like a 4th line scrub.

I didn't see either game, so I can't comment on how he played, and I don't know about the power struggles within the organisation, but I have to agree with this being kind of bs, if true, as a general sentiment.

Call up the young guy with enormous expectations and hype surrounding him, play him for two games with constantly changing line mates without much opportunity to find his game, and then scratch him against an underperforming team suffering from injuries (i.e. one that doesn't seem like a tough one to beat/particularly physical) even when by most accounts he improved his play? I don't get it.

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014
I expected it to be Nordstrom considering TT was centering Shaw and Bickell, as well as Kane/Hossa/Sharp at times. Just send TT down if you're expecting him to be that net front presence. Exactly why I think he needs to move to winger.

why does he need to be net front presence if he's a center? Knowing when to play high in the zone or rotate to cover a pinching dman, ie the defensive responsibilities, seem more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad