Recalled/Assigned: Teuvo Time!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
He has exceeded my expectations.

Surprisingly, he's exceeded mine also, though my expectations were about this big to begin with.

He falls down 6-8 times per game, maybe more. College kids could have a helluva drinking game based on it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kid has played 5 games in the NHL. Lets relax a little bit. He needs to go to winger and be relinquished of the defensive responsibilities of playing center in the west. I want him to be on the team to help make the top 9 one player more dynamic/dangerous. He needs to shake his over-passive play style I've seen from him in his first five games. He's overly passive on the forecheck and seems afraid to let the play get behind him in ozone resulting in him playing above the dots too much. And he doesn't have the body to play between the circles consistently enough to be effective right now. I don't think that will ever be his game anyway. Winger is where he ultimately ends up and develops into the dynamic offensive player we all think he can be, imo.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kruger is an excellent 4C in the NHL.

Which, at this point, is more than we can say for TT, who has not proven to be an excellent anything in the NHL.

Which isn't to say he won't be some day, but people need to slow down on the hype train.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Quite true. In addition to being weak, he's still an offensive black hole. He has very close to zero offensive instincts.

Seeing that the Hawks have been top 5 in goals every year Kruger has been on the team, I have no problem with a bottom 6 center who excels more on the defensive side of the ice.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I thought Teuvo looked much better last night even with the limited minutes.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Quite true. In addition to being weak, he's still an offensive black hole. He has very close to zero offensive instincts.

Politely put. Kruger is so overrated it's sickening, and unfortunately Q is among those that think he adds value to this team. The sooner we get Danault up here the better.

Back on topic: TT was better, but showed once again to be weak and easily knocked down.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Politely put. Kruger is so overrated it's sickening, and unfortunately Q is among those that think he adds value to this team. The sooner we get Danault up here the better.

Back on topic: TT was better, but showed once again to be weak and easily knocked down.

It's pretty funny that you still think Kruger doesn't add value to this team.

As though having a guy on the 4th line capable of taking shutdown minutes off of Toews' plate is a bad thing.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Kruger isn't overrated. He's a good 4th line player. He's a terrible 2c - but Q seems to have got that.

The problem is he's currently getting paid $1.325m and his contract is up this year. Hopefully they are not thinking of giving him a raise. His role needs to be filled by players who aren't getting paid much.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I think DHF meant that someone will give Kruger a raise because he's earned one, not that it will necessarily be us.

I can't remember if Kruger will be an RFA this summer though. Man, I wish I could check Capgeek right now. :(

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think DHF meant that someone will give Kruger a raise because he's earned one, not that it will necessarily be us.

I can't remember if Kruger will be an RFA this summer though. Man, I wish I could check Capgeek right now. :(

Yes. He's an RFA and we can fit him with a slight raise of only a few hundred k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad