LeBrun: Teams around the NHL have made Ottawa a popular target for trade calls.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Weirdly enough, Ottawa and Montreal make a lot of sense as trade partners. Guys like Toffoli - He wants to stay in Montreal but who knows how management feels - and Anderson (same story as Toffoli) would be prime targets for Ottawa. Gamers whose contracts (especially Toffoli's) make a ton of sense for a team like Ottawa. Even Gallagher, depending on how one feels about his prospective longevity, but I think he's looking to go to a bonafide contender and his contract isn't great.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Weirdly enough, Ottawa and Montreal make a lot of sense as trade partners. Guys like Toffoli - He wants to stay in Montreal but who knows how management feels - and Anderson (same story as Toffoli) would be prime targets for Ottawa. Gamers whose contracts (especially Toffoli's) make a ton of sense for a team like Ottawa.

Dorion has been at like 2-3 of the Habs last 5-6 games and they have been confirmed to be talking trade. Toffoli, Lehkonen, and Anderson all make some degree of sense.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Dorion has been at like 2-3 of the Habs last 5-6 games and they have been confirmed to be talking trade. Toffoli, Lehkonen, and Anderson all make some degree of sense.

Montreal makes a lot of sense for anyone looking to buy vets. Their current trainwreck and recent history is weird enough to leave you willing to give a lot of guys a mulligan and they're also a franchise who obviously needs to sell off some guys.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There is zero chance that the Senators are interested in doing some of the things proposed in this thread. Connor Brown is not moving - just never happening. Nick Paul is not moving - he's getting extended.

Absolutely no chance of Ottawa 'buying' any picks. They wouldn't make those sort of deals when they were entering the off-season 20M under the floor, and you think they're going to start now when they've begun locking in their core? They will also not be serving as a third-party facilitator for cap-strapped teams - salary retention is not something the Senators do.

They're going to dump off guys like Tierney and Sanford for whatever they can get, but Pierre Dorion's primary objective is to add a quality top-6 forward into the mix. A quality veteran in his mid/late-20's with term on their contract. Probably a RW.

It's go-time for the Senators. With Sanderson a few months away from hitting the NHL, there isn't much else worth waiting for in the prospect pool. Maybe Ridly Greig, but mostly they need to add outside support, and picks/prospects are definitely in play.

Reactions: NB613

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That doesn't mean he won't find other ways to be Eugene Melnyk. This guy would pay his players with food stamps if he could.

He's signed every player that's come up since the rebuild began. Brady Tkachuk, Thomas Chabot, Drake Batherson, Matt Murray, and Colin White have all been signed to substantial long-term contracts. Josh Norris will get done this summer.

If players are willing to be reasonable about the limitations on what an extremely small market, low-revenue team can realistically offer in terms of contract structure [no bonuses!] then Ottawa can retain talent.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
That doesn't mean he won't find other ways to be Eugene Melnyk. This guy would pay his players with food stamps if he could.

The last UFA who walked that we wanted to retain was Stone. And even that was dubious.

Sens will barely hit the cap floor unless they re-sign Paul. Just a lazy, uninformed comment...

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
We'll barely hit the cap floor! Woot woot!

Yeah, not what I said.

Don't worry, we're just a few years off from having a better team than you guys while having 10mil more in cap space and all our stars locked up long-term. I'm done with you, I've explained the silliness of your original comment and have nothing left to say. Cheers.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah, not what I said.

Don't worry, we're just a few years off from having a better team than you guys while having 10mil more in cap space and all our stars locked up long-term. I'm done with you, I've explained the silliness of your original comment and have nothing left to say. Cheers.
I'm not worried. Ottawa will sell off it's stars, and don't you worry, you'll have plenty of unused cap space.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The minute Dorion said he was looking to trade for a roster player that will help the team now and in the future, 31 GMs must have scrambled for their phones

Pierre in buyer mode is a horrifying thought. Ottawa’s pro scouting department might not even be real

It was a good weekend for NHL GM's. Dorion is looking to make a move and Chiarelli interviewed for the Chicago GM job. They want Chiarelli back running a team again.

Reactions: bert

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I've got to assume teams are clling about Brown, Paul, Brannstrom and zub

Guys like Ennis, Gaudette and Sanford also probably have some value.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I've got to assume teams are calling about Brown, Paul, Brannstrom and Zub

Guys like Ennis, Gaudette and Sanford also probably have some value.
4th or 5th round pick + contract for any of those 3.

They will try to sign Paul, but if it's clear they wont be able they will trade him otherwise he is staying put I think.

Zub: unless someone want to pay 1st + or equivalent we don't want to move him. Great complementary partner to Chabot and one of our few stable Dmen.

I'd want what Coleman got if we are to trade Brown otherwise keep him because you need players like him in the playoffs.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I still say Kravtsov is a match made in heaven for OTT and himself...
They need a big talented wing, and krav is only gona come back with a shot at top 6/9 minutes.
They’ll also likely get him at a discount or as an add in on a larger trade package...
If I’m Dorion, it’s absolutely worth the gamble to add another big talented former top 10 draft pick..

What's in it for the Rangers?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
4th or 5th round pick + contract for any of those 3.

They will try to sign Paul, but if it's clear they wont be able they will trade him otherwise he is staying put I think.

Zub: unless someone want to pay 1st + or equivalent we don't want to move him. Great complementary partner to Chabot and one of our few stable Dmen.

I'd want what Coleman got if we are to trade Brown otherwise keep him because you need players like him in the playoffs.

Why on earth would we trade Zub or Brown for a late first and an ok prospect?

No thanks then. I'd rather let Kravtsov rot. At the draft, if there's a player we like and need the pick, maybe it makes sense, but not now.

What would your ask be? I feel like NYR kinda wants the same thing in a trade - guys who can play. Main difference being Ottawa would be able to add a more high-paid player.

Only deal that makes some sense to me would be Paul + (probably one of our 2nds) for Kravtsov assuming Paul isn't going to re-sign... but I can't really see it coming to that and, if Paul will re-sign, it would be a tough move to justify.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad