Post-Game Talk: Team is still broken

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This is Jackson's team. Fire Bowman this fast (for nothing, literally), and good luck finding a replacement. Even with McDavid
Bowman is bad mojo for the team. f*** Jackson for screwing with this organization. Bring in geriatric MacT and it would be an upgrade.
No GM has to be nice to EDM with this guy in command.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meh, I’m already apathetic. See you guys in November when we inevitably get yet another coach

Yeah, this is the least I've cared about an Oilers team in a while. Maybe it's just regular season fatigue of being a fan of a team that only lives for the playoffs or the lack of exciting players outside of the top two guys obviously. I don't know, I'm just kind of bored of them and their regular season act tbh.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Seven games in, 14 goals for. Team that is built to score is trash at it. RNH, Drai, Hyman and are right now are complete no shows on the season.

Meanwhile Calgary is 5-0-1 and 24 goals for. Should be reversed. Dark timeline and hard to see the light here.

I'm sure there will be some "light" after a few more weeks into the season. No one should drink the Flames koolaid this year (Conroy can, if it means wasting assets)

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Bowman is bad mojo for the team. f*** Jackson for screwing with this organization. Bring in geriatric MacT and it would be an upgrade.
No GM has to be nice to EDM with this guy in command.

This is a bunch of hooey

Sorry to say but no one in the NHL gives a single f*** about that. I mean, Jackson is a "progressive" hire and he hired Bowman.

Reactions: rboomercat90

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This is a bunch of hooey

Sorry to say but no one in the NHL gives a single f*** about that. I mean, Jackson is a "progressive" hire and he hired Bowman.
It's really been downhill since Jackson hiring Bowman.
Ceci for Emberson has been his biggest accomplishment thus far. Success of Holloway, Broberg etc is making it seem worse.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, this is the least I've cared about an Oilers team in a while. Maybe it's just regular season fatigue of being a fan of a team that only lives for the playoffs or the lack of exciting players outside of the top two guys obviously. I don't know, I'm just kind of bored of them and their regular season act tbh.
I was feeling this sort of thing in offseason. Not really thrilled at all with the team put together. Really tired of seeing 10 players on a team that are just there to hack the puck to bits because we're cap strung perennially with bad contracts, deferred pay, buyouts etc.

The Oilers are like watching bad govt. They squander the money and this is all you see.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Alright Pole time.

I bought a Hyman t-shirt before the season started. What do I do with it? I've worn it twice, 6-0 to the Jets and tonight.

React as follows:
Like - Do nothing, superstitions are meaningless.
Laugh - Burn it, immediately.
Love - Wash it and start over.
Wow - Donate it.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Probably because the biggest things to look forward to this season. Brobergs first full season with full confidence and Paul Coffey , Holloway upward trajectory with Draisaitl and Savoie being given some time in the bottom 6.

Only 1 remains... and if we don't can this bum GM, expect Savoie to bite the bullet next in a panic move.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Only 2 teams they've beaten are 30th and 31st in the NHL standings (Philly and Preds) ... San Jose is 32nd overall so circle Dec 21st on the calendar for the next big Oilers win.
Plus we had to come from behind to beat to my mind the worst playing team in the league, the flyers. Was absolutely disgusted after that one even though we won, as it took a late tying goal and OT winner to get us that one. Flyers are so bad relegation should be an option. The EC SJ of this year.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
We are shitting on McDrai for not doing enough but they have 14 points through 7 games... the rest of the 17 skaters on the team have 22 points COMBINED.

Once again it looks like McDrai are going to have to carry the team and drag the team to the playoffs on their weary, broken backs.

Good luck in the playoffs with that load of corpses on them all season long.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Both things are true. Perhaps the truer look at this team right now would be a 2-0 shutout with nobody cashing anything. Only McD scored, and they were two beauties. Takes a whole team to win a game. Where are the rest?
7 games into the season, 7 players without a point. Arvidsson and Hyman are 2 of them. That’s unacceptable from them, ESPECIALLY with their line mates.

Draisaitl leads the team in penalty minutes.

Currently the NHL hits leader has 44 hits, the most an Oilers has is 19 (Podkolzin) second most is Henrique with 9 then McDavid with 8. Oilers averaging 18 hits a game which is in the bottom 5.

Kulak is leading the defence in points.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
It's really been downhill since Jackson hiring Bowman.
Ceci for Emberson has been his biggest accomplishment thus far. Success of Holloway, Broberg etc is making it seem worse.

You do know that Jackson was the one that "fumbled" the offer sheet situation, right? He would have known before Bowman was hired.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Probably because the biggest things to look forward to this season. Brobergs first full season with full confidence and Paul Coffey , Holloway upward trajectory with Draisaitl and Savoie being given some time in the bottom 6.

Only 1 remains... and if we don't can this bum GM, expect Savoie to bite the bullet next in a panic move.

Savoie was never getting full NHL time on this roster regardless of whom was on it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
7 games into the season, 7 players without a point. Arvidsson and Hyman are 2 of them. That’s unacceptable from them, ESPECIALLY with their line mates.

Draisaitl leads the team in penalty minutes.

Currently the NHL hits leader has 44 hits, the most an Oilers has is 19 (Podkolzin) second most is Henrique with 9 then McDavid with 8. Oilers averaging 18 hits a game which is in the bottom 5.

Kulak is leading the defence in points.
7up.

I used to like it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We need a shakeup up front. Keep 1 of Janmark and Podkolzin and then get someone better to fill the other spot.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
We are shitting on McDrai for not doing enough but they have 14 points through 7 games... the rest of the 17 skaters on the team have 22 points COMBINED.

Once again it looks like McDrai are going to have to carry the team and drag the team to the playoffs on their weary, broken backs.

Is there anymore McDrai bathwater to go around? They haven't been good enough offensively, and they have been pretty shit defensively.

Leadership is called leadership for a reason. They're expected to carry the load at times.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Scoring 2 goals gives you a pass from accountability the rest of the night?
You say the rest of the night as if McDavid wasn’t dynamic all game. Almost scored a brilliant goal single handily in OT and set up at least two great other chances.

He made is misread on thinking Bouchard would get to the puck first in OT and everyone in this thread screaming that he’s a horrible leader and acting like he’s the reason this team is 2-4-1.

Meanwhile outside of Draisaitl and Skinner the rest of the forward group has been about as pathetic as pathetic can be.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

People won't absolve them but what would they really think about the amount of "help" they have in the lineup this season? We gave up several good players and we have guys like Arvid with snake eyes running into the boards like he's Mr Magoo. All this guy does now is run into things and fall down on the ice.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Might as well commit fan seppuku with that attitude
Well sure I should have added a sarcasm emoji somewhere there because obviously (hopefully) they'll win a few more by then... but have the Oilers honestly looked good overall in any games they've played outside of the Nashville game... and Nashville was basically full dogshit mode in that one and overall are looking like San Jose last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad