Injury Report: Team Injury thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Love how he tries to say he didn't pull his jersey, even though he has a "fist full." So what do you call it when you have a handful of jersey, move your arm back and draw the jersey to you?

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Love how he tries to say he didn't pull his jersey, even though he has a "fist full." So what do you call it when you have a handful of jersey, move your arm back and draw the jersey to you?

Then they fast forward like a second and its a clear shot of Stoll pulling Fowler back by the jersey lol. Such ********.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
so of course it is broken down frame by frame, but he basically said that they reason for a non suspenssion was 1)fowler was stoping/changing direction just before hit 2)stoll didnt use his forearm to fowlers head and 3)it "appeared" as if stoll was also trying to stop.....he did note that he was chasing him from behind and DID grab ahold of his jersey, but DID NOT say stoll used jersey as "leverage" to stand him up or twist him....said it should have been a boarding call but thats not what they do...

so why in all these OTHER video's are the fact of injury/non-injury and player history even mentioned AT ALL? and is it OK to grab a guys jersey when hitting from behind? or is hitting from behind at all OK?.....whats the point of "player safety" if your trying to come up in your own mind what the hell a player was thinking or doing?

Boarding with head contact to the boards caused by Stoll. Isn't that cause for suspension? And if you factor in that Fowler was not to be seen thereafter has no concern on Stoll's decision. When you include Stoll's previous infraction, how do you not review it under that microscope? blah

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah. That whole situation kind of pissed me off, but I'll just say it's a bunch of ******** and leave it at that.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
PL3 needs to be called up next Kings game and sent after Stoll.

Not Bertuzzi-level, but enough to get a suspension and send a message to both Stoll and Shanny.

Many of you probably won't agree of promoting pre-meditated violence on ice, but hey we need to protect our own players.

f stoll, he is a nobody, to even it up would be to have him take out doughty. which im not calling for.

i do think we need to lay the body hard on their star players though, to send a message. if the league won't protect your young stars, the team needs to let it be known they won't take having them run.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Boarding with head contact to the boards caused by Stoll. Isn't that cause for suspension? And if you factor in that Fowler was not to be seen thereafter has no concern on Stoll's decision. When you include Stoll's previous infraction, how do you not review it under that microscope? blah

it is boarding, it caused an injury, but "i think" he was trying to stop, and this does not need a suspension.

message to players --> boarding people / smashing your opponent's face into the sidewall is ok as long as i can be convinced of your altruistic intent.

this decision enables an excellent platform for consistent, unbiased enforcement of player safety.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I honestly cant believe they are reviewing the hit on Scuderi and refused to review the hit on Fowler. What a joke the NHL has become. Lame!

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Dubinski got a $10,000 fine for his hit on Scuderi. What a ****ing joke

Duck Fan

Jul 28, 2002
Laguna Hills, CA
Visit site
What is wrong with Shanahan? Is he blind? Any person viewing the play will see that Stoll Grabbed Cam's jersey and then PUSHED him face first into the boards.

If Shanahan doesn't see that he is either blind or he needs eye glasses.

I am completly pissed. What is wrong with the league in not facing up to the fact that they are merely covering their ass. about making a wrong decision and not facing up to the fact that they screwed up, period.

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
x38F4DS.png

In a nutshell how the NHL sees us, only replace the whining about bread with outrage over a blown call.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't know that people should be freaking out anew over Fowler's being placed on IR. He's missed a couple games already, this could just be a bit of roster housekeeping. It doesn't have to be a statement about the severity of his injury.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Need to get over the stoll thing. It's done with, and it was like a week ago. It would be foolish not to expect an important player to be hurt at some point, just deal with it now like every other team is or will need to.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
this is why i call BS and you throw in the duby hit aswell and im not going conspiracy, but i am saying there is a agenda...i would ask shannahan this...is boarding a suspendable play? was the player hurt? could the player who made the hit, prevented it? what is the point of "player safety"?....my problem isnt just this hit on fowler, its that they try to make these assumptions about intent or come up with these STUPID justifications to try and either justify or discredit a hit (i.e. intent) by slowing it down frame by frame....IMO "player safety" is black and white, but this stupid leauge has not only made it grey, but try to justify/govern these things with absolutely ZERO consistancy....i mean how else do you explain why sometimes a guys history matters and sometimes it doesnt, or how do some guys get the benefit of the doubt and some dont?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad