Injury Report: Team Injury thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Remember when we thought Lindholm's head injury/concussion wouldn't take that long as he went back to playing only to have him out of the WJC for that concern and he's still been out of play since then. Damn Stoll and damn the NHL for not even considering to look at it. Isn't Fowler's absence proof to have the incident reviewed? Argh!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
Per Boudreau: Fowler (upper body) will not start the road trip, but may join the team on it later; Lindholm will be on the trip. #NHLDucks

Maybe we see Lindholm sooner rather then later

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Now that... is interesting.

I don't like hearing that Fowler won't travel with the team though. :/

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm not surprised, given how cautious Ducks are being with Lindholm's concussion, I'd expect them to be just as cautious if not more so with Fowler. Speedy recovery Cam

And you have to assume Lindholm is pretty close given he's going on the trip, apparently not cleared for contact yet though

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Considering how pissed I am about the Stoll hit not being looked at - and I'm just a fan, I can't imagine how angry Murray and Boudreau are about it. Does Anaheim really not get watched at all/not have a voice in getting hits looked at by the NHL?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
**** you jarrett stoll
pretty much...and thanks for the update

dont like the way this is panning out. my guess is he is still getting dizzy and hasnt even been cleared to start skating again....because IIRC he has to be cleared to skate, then cleared for contact, then cleared to play.and he hasnt even passed the 1st step

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Considering how pissed I am about the Stoll hit not being looked at - and I'm just a fan, I can't imagine how angry Murray and Boudreau are about it. Does Anaheim really not get watched at all/not have a voice in getting hits looked at by the NHL?

I wonder if BM can ask the league for an explanation why they did not review it further. Nothing that would be made public, but the league should owe that type of answer to any team who questions a "no call".

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I am courious as to why would they call concussion an upper body injury, why not just use "concussion symptoms".

Unless it's completely public, teams usually stay quiet on specifics. It allows opposing players to target injuries.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
anyone else watching the BS explanation from shanahan on NHL live?

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
anyone else watching the BS explanation from shanahan on NHL live?

Wait, Shanahan came out publicly defending why they refused to look at the hit?

Also...Stoll can still be suspended. They haven't played their next game yet. But since it has already been said they aren't looking at it, there is no way they will renege on their decision

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Missed it, what did he say?
so of course it is broken down frame by frame, but he basically said that they reason for a non suspenssion was 1)fowler was stoping/changing direction just before hit 2)stoll didnt use his forearm to fowlers head and 3)it "appeared" as if stoll was also trying to stop.....he did note that he was chasing him from behind and DID grab ahold of his jersey, but DID NOT say stoll used jersey as "leverage" to stand him up or twist him....said it should have been a boarding call but thats not what they do...

so why in all these OTHER video's are the fact of injury/non-injury and player history even mentioned AT ALL? and is it OK to grab a guys jersey when hitting from behind? or is hitting from behind at all OK?.....whats the point of "player safety" if your trying to come up in your own mind what the hell a player was thinking or doing?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Wait, Shanahan came out publicly defending why they refused to look at the hit?

Also...Stoll can still be suspended. They haven't played their next game yet. But since it has already been said they aren't looking at it, there is no way they will renege on their decision
yes it was on NHL live

EDIT: he also talked about the staurt hit and brown hit

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
All I will say to that is look at Kerry's explanation and we have two completely different points of views.

It sounds to me Shanahan knew a mistake was made when it was announced no review or discipline was going to be handed out and then decided to "review" it now and try to spin it in a way to make it look like it was the right decision.

Forgetting the fact that the hit is very similar to the Macdonald hit on Lovejoy. Only real difference being that Lovejoy didn't have his jersey pulled or was injured.

I was for Shanahan being the new disciplinarian but now I am beginning to feel like he is following an agenda

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
All I will say to that is look at Kerry's explanation and we have two completely different points of views.

It sounds to me Shanahan knew a mistake was made when it was announced no review or discipline was going to be handed out and then decided to "review" it now and try to spin it in a way to make it look like it was the right decision.

Forgetting the fact that the hit is very similar to the Macdonald hit on Lovejoy. Only real difference being that Lovejoy didn't have his jersey pulled or was injured.

I was for Shanahan being the new disciplinarian but now I am beginning to feel like he is following an agenda

this is what i mean....how do you look at these hits, slow it down frame by frame and make a decision about intent? im not just saying this because of fowler but i feel this way w/sup. discipline in general....so essentially on this play, he just admits that he gave stoll the benifit of the doubt...so how do you choose who does and doesnt get it? is complete BS and wrong...i would feel a heck of a lot better if they didnt slow the hits down at all and just watched game speed from different views, and ask what did you see on that play

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Also never mind the fact that Stoll has been suspended before for a very similar incident where he rammed Ian White into the boards head first a couple of years ago.

I'm still fuming about this.

UnknownAvenger

Apr 10, 2012
PL3 needs to be called up next Kings game and sent after Stoll.

Not Bertuzzi-level, but enough to get a suspension and send a message to both Stoll and Shanny.

Many of you probably won't agree of promoting pre-meditated violence on ice, but hey we need to protect our own players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad