Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Flyers pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sacha Boisvert, C, North Dakota (NCAA)

• Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Flyers fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabres Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyers??????

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I went Yak because I wanted to round out our D-man archetypes. A possible top 4 that includes York drysdale andrae and parekh doesn’t seem like pairs you win in the playoffs with.

But I don’t think you could go too wrong with either. If Yak is pietro and Parekh is Morgan Reilly then I want Pietro

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, went Yakemchuk. I know Hage dropped in ranking lately but I think I'd like to give him a go if he's there. Alas, I doubt he fits what this team values. Big Hardshooty RHD, though? Mmmm. Loins grow fat.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't know enough about the forwards, but Yakemchuk is comparable to Pietrangelo like York is comparable to Quinn Hughes. Yakemchuk has enough baseline skills, but I'd be floored if he doesn't skew defensive as an NHLer. I don't see noteworthy PP ability. The short area skill -- hands and feet -- is very average. And he's one of the oldest in the class. It's meat and potatoes projectable, which is fine, but it's aggressively unexciting.

Ironically, trying to use "who would you want in the playoffs" comparisons, Parekh's style reminds me a lot of Bouchard. I said that in the fall. Edge to Bouchard in build up speed and size; edge to Parekh in edge work, maybe defense. I wasn't even that high on Bouchard with London because it's such a narrow rare archetype to win as an NHL defender: average upright skating, good selection shot funneling (while building the passing off that), low urgency. Much as I think Parekh's stride needs to improve -- it's too upright -- I think his footwork/first step gives me confidence. He's an insanely brainy passer, even at a stand still. Always knows his options, one touches with the best of 'em.

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Not a Flyers fan but for them I'd think the choices are.

Centers
Hage- if you want a fast two way playmaker
Boisvert- if you want a well rounded shoot first center

Defense
Parekh - if you want someone to run your powerplay and put up points
Yakemchuk- A big D that has everything but don't know if he has the brain to put everything together
Jiricek- much like his brother minus the booming shot but more playmaking. Higher floor but less ceiling compare to the other two
Powerforward Wingers
Greentree- Big and strong with a good shot, Has leadership qualitites. Needs to learn to use his body more and work on his skating
Chernyshov- plays hard and smart two-way hockey, he's physical and can fly, He can stickhandle a jelly donut through an army ant hill. Probably the most underrated player in the draft as teams suck at scouting the MHL.

Reactions: BernieParent

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Close between Yak and Parekh, but I’d lean Parekh because of the higher ceiling. Plus we desperately need a PP QB since our dumb management traded Ghost and I don’t think Drysdale is gonna be all that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know enough about the forwards, but Yakemchuk is comparable to Pietrangelo like York is comparable to Quinn Hughes. Yakemchuk has enough baseline skills, but I'd be floored if he doesn't skew defensive as an NHLer. I don't see noteworthy PP ability. The short area skill -- hands and feet -- is very average.

It's like you got his name mixed up with someone else. Yakemchuk has some of the best hands in the class.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's like you got his name mixed up with someone else. Yakemchuk has some of the best hands in the class.

Best hands! Sure, man. He can join Isaac Ratcliffe on the All Hands Team.

I've watched several full games. Even those highlights aren't as good as you're pretending. 80% of them are drag pull shots. There's visible clunkiness under pressure and even on some of his better moves. I said his baseline skill is good enough to be useful, but if that's anywhere near plus skill, I'm actually an 18th century Native American.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Best hands! Sure, man. He can join Isaac Ratcliffe on the All Hands Team.

I've watched several full games. Even those highlights aren't as good as you're pretending. 80% of them are drag pull shots. There's visible clunkiness under pressure.

I watch full games as well. Excuse me for thinking you sounded uninformed about Yakemchuk, his hands are one of the things he generally gets a top rating for. Fine if you don't see it that way.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

spfan

May 4, 2009
Ideally, they'd want a top Center. Debatable if Catton ends up at Center, but that's who they might realistically get. I think he's a top 5 player in the draft, but NHL GM's will see he's just under 6'0" and he'll go outside the top 10.

Their top 4 is pretty solid and young. They just acquired Drysdale, they just drafted Bonk. Sanheim, York are young and pretty good.

Michkov was a great start, but they need more skilled forwards still. Eiserman's stock has slipped in draft rankings and he is flawed, but I think he's now getting underrated. He's still a top goal scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I don't know enough about the forwards, but Yakemchuk is comparable to Pietrangelo like York is comparable to Quinn Hughes. Yakemchuk has enough baseline skills, but I'd be floored if he doesn't skew defensive as an NHLer. I don't see noteworthy PP ability. The short area skill -- hands and feet -- is very average. And he's one of the oldest in the class. It's meat and potatoes projectable, which is fine, but it's aggressively unexciting.

Ironically, trying to use "who would you want in the playoffs" comparisons, Parekh's style reminds me a lot of Bouchard. I said that in the fall. Edge to Bouchard in build up speed and size; edge to Parekh in edge work, maybe defense. I wasn't even that high on Bouchard with London because it's such a narrow rare archetype to win as an NHL defender: average upright skating, good selection shot funneling (while building the passing off that), low urgency. Much as I think Parekh's stride needs to improve -- it's too upright -- I think his footwork/first step gives me confidence. He's an insanely brainy passer, even at a stand still. Always knows his options, one touches with the best of 'em.
The descriptions of Yak remind me of what I had in mind about Brock Faber. He's turned out pretty dang good.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
I went with Sennecke. Second best player in the OHL in the second half of the season behind Easton Cowen. After he went down with an injury Oshawa got blown out. Went from ranked around 24-27th range to 12-15th range. One of the most improved players in this years draft.

I know he is a winger but we are talking a couple years away and they can figure out a centreman by then hopefully.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know, we need centers, I know, defense is always a good call, but the last time there was a winger named Cole broadly considered to be the best pure goal scorer in the class who put up 100+ goals for the USNTDP, we screwed up the pick, and I'd really like to not repeat that mistake.

(Also, my wife went to BU for grad school, so I have some affinity for Terriers to begin with.)

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The descriptions of Yak remind me of what I had in mind about Brock Faber. He's turned out pretty dang good.

Brock Faber has higher functional skill. I think Yakemchuk projects, but he's not an especially good passer, his short area footwork is clunky, his handle isn't particularly smooth (under pressure or otherwise), and he's a turret with the shots. My opinion is his skill is high enough to translate into a useful defensive defenseman. These guys routinely get found at picks plenty later than 12th overall. This team isn't solving its high end talent deficit with Yakemchuk. They just spent a 1st on this archetype last year.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’m leaning Parekh but he seems like he has scary bust potential. Flyers really can’t go wrong with Parekh or Yakemchuk, possibly Eiserman as well. I’d also be open to Sennecke.

As a Flyers fan it’s hard not to feel like we’d be boned somehow. If we take Parekh then Yakemchuk will be the next Shea Weber. We take Yakemchuk then Parekh will be the next Karlsson. That’s just how life feels as a Flyers fan the past decade. Either way I’ll like the player they select unless they go way off the board.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad