Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Alex Killorn (7 years $4.45M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
4.5 x 7 for a 14 goal winger?

It's his playoff performance that got him paid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB03LBpRleU - series winner vs Detroit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJOnE5SETx4 Super Saiyan goal vs NYR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2snH-tCrwQ game 7 winner vs NYR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQLwc2LteQ series opening goal vs Hawks

Couldn't find and post

game 1 goal vs Pittsburgh
game 5 goal vs Pittsburgh

Both came in CRITICAL situations

Didn't have time to embed them all. Have to leave the house ASAP

Geoff72

Mar 25, 2015
Toronto
This contract tells me that someone is moving this summer and the parameters have already been set. I'm guessing Fillpula or Bishop trade is only a matter of time now.

nikyc

Nov 16, 2011
Price is nice, term is a bit worrisome but it was likely required to get him at that price.

Gives them $8.55M to re-sign Kucherov, Namestnikov and Nesterov...

Bishop will be gone. In fact Tampa might have agreed in principal with Dallas on a contract already and is just try to wrap a few other up in a certain order before signing Kucherov.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If you think so. 6"2, 200+ vs. 5 nothing with heart sorry you loose if you think a few hundred can make that much difference whether a contract is good or not you're out to lunch. Plus Killorn has broken the 40 point plateau twice in three years.

While you're on a roll, resign Diamond Dave for another 5 years, plus Rene "Bag of Pucks" Bourque for another 3 x 3.5+(he has sooooooo much potential).

You took his comment way too personally :laugh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Term seems questionable . Would only give absolute core players that kind of term.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not that I don't like Killorn as a player, but while the AAV is fair value for someone like him, that term is going to be a "killer" in a few years.

That contract has the potential to turn out the way that Bickell's contract turned out. Similar comparison in that they are both half-point per game types, playoff performers, big body types that can move up and down the lineup. Killorn is a better player than Bickell is but they aren't especially dissimilar enough to negate the comparison.

Maybe Tampa is rewarding him for his playoff performances, but I don't believe players can be consistently big game performers when they are players of his ilk and talent level.

Killer isn't exactly a "bruiser" stand in front of the net type, though.

He's a great defensive winger - I'm going to bet that played a role in the choice for term. I don't see him regressing any time soon.

Mad Brills*

So long term, this means one of johnson/palat are going right?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Killorn is absolutely worth that contract. Big body, plays a solid two-way game with a lot of grit in front of the net and scores timely goals.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This contract tells me that someone is moving this summer and the parameters have already been set. I'm guessing Fillpula or Bishop trade is only a matter of time now.

I was going to say it would be hard to sign Kucherov and stay under the cap max with this signing unless they make a trade

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Also

People would do well to realize the term allows the cap hit to be lower

On a 5 year term the hit likely goes up and that is actually worse for TB

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Killorn basically got the same deal As Reilly Smith, that's the comparable. Yes Smith got about half a million more in average annual value but Killorn also got two additional years so that pretty much evens out. Smith is a more productive version of Killorn. We are talking about the difference between a 15 goal/40 point winger and a 20-25 goal/45-50 point winger. Both are very good and reliable two-way wingers. I thought Smith overpaid, not so much now with this deal, but still.

I think the point some people are missing with this deal is this: You don't have give out a 7 year term to a supporting player (even a really good one) and if you are the average annual value should be a bargain in return and nearly 4.5 million for Killorn is not a bargain in that regard. Yzerman has done a fantastic job building something in Tampa Bay but he isn't perfect (See the Matt Carle contract, Braydon Coburn trade, etc) and this is an example of him making a mistake. As per usual though he will likely get a free pass.

Torso9000

Aug 12, 2011
Johnson, Palat, and Drouin all need new contracts after this season so it will be interesting to see if they're able to (or want to) retain all of them now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad