TB Lightning seem very similar to the 2010-11 Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Canucks didn't have as good of D, but the Canucks had better goaltending by far with Schneider/Luongo. The forward group for Tampa is much better and classier.

Vasilevsky is a good goalie, but when you had two of the best goalies in the league at that time then you can't argue with that.

It pains me to say it as a Jets fan, but I think Tampa is going to win the cup.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It's cute that a Bruins fan is trying to convince him/herself they have a chance if they even beat the Leafs.
I think that Tampa will win the Cup. But if you think that the Bruins have zero chance at beating Tampa, you are full on delusional. Heck, any team in the playoffs would have a fighting chance.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I’m convinced if Edmonton played them in a best of 7 we would win. Regular season success and presidents trophies are often a bad determinant of who is going to win the Cup. If we end up facing them in the 2020 playoffs I’m going to say bring it on.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Team that has never won big in the playoffs before (current roster), regular season dominating juggernaut, President’s Trophy clinched early, individual players likely to win several trophies, press calling them unbeatable, and even some of the players more recently with some pretty arrogant comments showing how highly they think of themselves.

This reminds me a lot of Vancouver in 2010-11. Team of destiny, arrogant players, press claiming Bruins have no chance in the Finals (especially after being down 2-0), etc. I wonder if neutral fans will start to despise the Lightning like they ended up doing with the Canucks by the end. As of now, most neutral fans admire the Lightning for what they are doing, but some of those arrogant, unlikable tendencies are starting to show up.

I'd love to see where this happened.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Knocks Tampa fans for thinking the Bruins is the same team as last year. Goes on to say TB is the same team as last year while being completely wrong. :laugh:

Tell me who was injured in last seasons playoffs? Who did they sign/upgrade in the offseason? Who they traded for at the deadline?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tell me who was injured in last seasons playoffs? Who did they sign/upgrade in the offseason? Who they traded for at the deadline?
Cernak and Joseph are new. Cirelli has more than 18 games under his belt. Erne is a full time. Point has more experience. Kunitz and Callahan are out. Girardi is now our 7th d.

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Team that has never won big in the playoffs before (current roster), regular season dominating juggernaut, President’s Trophy clinched early, individual players likely to win several trophies, press calling them unbeatable, and even some of the players more recently with some pretty arrogant comments showing how highly they think of themselves.

This reminds me a lot of Vancouver in 2010-11. Team of destiny, arrogant players, press claiming Bruins have no chance in the Finals (especially after being down 2-0), etc. I wonder if neutral fans will start to despise the Lightning like they ended up doing with the Canucks by the end. As of now, most neutral fans admire the Lightning for what they are doing, but some of those arrogant, unlikable tendencies are starting to show up.

TB has more depth and the you are talking about Dave Nonis when it comes to saying the bruins had no chance. Not the players

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Some people have already answered that. I can go on about how this team is different from last year.

For starters: Cernak has improved our top 4 D with his physical presence. Joseph and Erne improve our bottom 6 that was already really good last year. McDonagh and Miller are now with this team for a full year. They were not quite comfortable yet. Its shown this year. Way better now than they were in the playoffs. Stamkos looks revitalized this year. He is not the same player as he was at this time last year. Way better.

Also all you really need to do is look at the standings. Tell me we arent a better team this year than last years team.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cernak and Joseph are new. Cirelli has more than 18 games under his belt. Erne is a full time. Point has more experience. Kunitz and Callahan are out. Girardi is now our 7th d.

Ok so little has changed

You list two 4th line/rookies

And 2 young players that were with the team last season

These are minor

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Some people have already answered that. I can go on about how this team is different from last year.

For starters: Cernak has improved our top 4 D with his physical presence. Joseph and Erne improve our bottom 6 that was already really good last year. McDonagh and Miller are now with this team for a full year. They were not quite comfortable yet. Its shown this year. Way better now than they were in the playoffs. Stamkos looks revitalized this year. He is not the same player as he was at this time last year. Way better.

Also all you really need to do is look at the standings. Tell me we arent a better team this year than last years team.

Its the same team - 95 percent

The argument is ... if its the same pretty much. Yes

Bruins have made more changes and healthier. Carlo alone makes a big difference at the backend. John Moore is probably the best 7th D .... so Bruins wont be stymied by injuries this time

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Did you find the Canucks were arrogant though?

Just as long as the Lightning don't cry all playoffs about every other penalty against them being an embellishment, I don't mind if they win the Cup.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Its the same team - 95 percent

The argument is ... if its the same pretty much. Yes

Bruins have made more changes and healthier. Carlo alone makes a big difference at the backend. John Moore is probably the best 7th D .... so Bruins wont be stymied by injuries this time

Its not the same. Only in your world its the same team. Look at the standings. How could we possibly have this much better record with the same team as last year? We cant.

I think the Bruins are a better team than last year. However you are extremely naive if you think this is the same Lightning team.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018

Just about all of these statements (that bolded one is very subjective though) were also true for:

- 2015/16 Caps
- 2009/10 Caps
- 2007/08 Wings (yes, they won in 2002, but a lot of that roster had turned over by 2008)

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

Bruins only won the cup because Colin Campbell's son was on the Bruins.

Reactions: jimslob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad