Value of: Tarasenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
He has 7 goals and 9 helpers in 18 games. He’s on pace for 31 goals and 41 assists for 72 points.

The most important thing is he looks 100% healthy. I doubt he’s traded during this season unless Army gets an offer he can’t refuse.

His trade value was pretty low before the season started. What would teams be willing to give up when this season ends?

The Blues needs are really unloading Scandella and solidifying the top 4 LHD (unless Perunovich goes absolutely crazy the rest of this year)

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Colorado: 2023 2nd, Tarasenko (50% retained), Scandella

To St. Louis: Girard, Aube-Kubel

Colorado add a 1st line calibre RW, and a veteran bottom 6 Dman to help offset the loss of Girard. Tarasenko's contract expires when MacKinnon and Byram will be due for extensions

St. Louis get a top 4 LD

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Toronto: Tarasenko (50% retained), Scandella

To St. Louis: 2022 2nd, Ritchie, Muzzin

Toronto slide Tarasenko over to LW and get a major upgrade to their top 6, while Scandella gives them a veteran Dman to help offset the loss of Muzzin

St. Louis get a top 4 Dman, a 2022 2nd, while also clearing out Scandella's contract

Last edited:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
To Toronto: Tarasenko (50% retained), Scandella

To St. Louis: Ritchie, Muzzin

Toronto slide Tarasenko over to LW and get a major upgrade to their top 6, while Scandella gives them a veteran Dman to help offset the loss of Muzzin

St. Louis get a top 4 Dman, while also clearing out Scandella's contract
Leafs fan - would do this.
So I’m assuming the Blues wouldn’t.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Colorado add a 1st line calibre RW, and a veteran bottom 6 Dman to help offset the loss of Girard. Tarasenko's contract expires when MacKinnon and Byram will be due for extensions

St. Louis get a top 4 LD
Easy no. Not sure why we’re retaining to give him to a division rival. Wouldn’t happen.

Also with Krug and Perunovich here, we wouldn’t have a need for Girard. Would need a bigger d-man that’s better defensively.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Easy no. Not sure why we’re retaining to give him to a division rival. Wouldn’t happen.

Also with Krug and Perunovich here, we wouldn’t have a need for Girard. Would need a bigger d-man that’s better defensively.

I was just going by the OP's wish list...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't see an optimal trade out there for the Blues - my guess is he'll stay in St. Louis unless he really wants out, and then the return would be something like prospect+pick rather than a roster player.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If we're trading Tarasenko I'd rather go for picks+young roster player/prospects and get a top 4 LHD in another deal. I also don't see the Blues retaining any cap hit.
and which team, who wants tarasenko has the required cap space to take tarasenko at the full cap without sending cap back?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
and which team, who wants tarasenko has the required cap space to take tarasenko at the full cap without sending cap back?
Then we wait until the offseason to trade him. Doug Armstrong has been very adamant about not retaining salary. One of the big reasons he wasn't traded this past offseason.

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021

I’d suggest many teams, granted each scenario can be wildly different.

One easy starting point would be the list of 2022 UFAs which make 6 mil or more AAV. I can come up with a few fair proposals with that list. Can add 2023’s too.

Then you have the grouping of RFAs who negotiated a higher annual pay their final year of bridge to force qualifier up. (Looks at Matthew Tkachuk). If the players in that class don’t find long term contracts where they are, this is the year they’d be moved versus letting them accept qualify and walk to UFA.

There’s a way this can get done if Tarasenko’s agent is working on it.

In some scenarios STL has to pay more, in some the other team, but there’s fair value and potential.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I’d suggest many teams, granted each scenario can be wildly different.

One easy starting point would be the list of 2022 UFAs which make 6 mil or more AAV. I can come up with a few fair proposals with that list. Can add 2023’s too.

Then you have the grouping of RFAs who negotiated a higher annual pay their final year of bridge to force qualifier up. (Looks at Matthew Tkachuk). If the players in that class don’t find long term contracts where they are, this is the year they’d be moved versus letting them accept qualify and walk to UFA.

There’s a way this can get done if Tarasenko’s agent is working on it.

In some scenarios STL has to pay more, in some the other team, but there’s fair value and potential.
UFAs and RFAs come with a cap hit and the Blues most likely wouldn't have the cap space for the top 4 LHD, which was mentioned.

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
UFAs and RFAs come with a cap hit and the Blues most likely wouldn't have the cap space for the top 4 LHD, which was mentioned.

True, and sorry I missed that part. My bad.

I could see NYR being involved. Their cap structure and younger prospects seem to have a 2 year Tarasenko window. Combined with Tarasenko only taking 5.5mil salary next year, would seemingly be a viable choice as a rental with future potential if a guy like Kakko stalls over time. The LHD wouldn’t come from here, but the cap relief, and maybe some of the assets for it would. Panarin+Tarasenko would be fun.

MTL (Chariot+Tinfoil when Edmundson returns to their lineup)

I wonder if Tarasenko would waive for west coast teams regardless of their competitive level, and if Doug would deal within conference. I’d say potential with Anaheim (Lindholm) or Arizona (Chychrun)

Detroit (Leddy) could work - unsure if he’d waive for them.

TBL (Sergachev) may have a pending cap casualty as he goes to next deal.

PIT would be in interesting conversation and I can see a way to make a deal cap compliant and fair value.

none of those names are meant to signify a 1 for 1 trade. In all cases, one team would add.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

St. Louis get a top 4 LD
With St. Louis and Colorado both being contending teams in the same division, that alone sort of makes them impossible trade partners. St. Louis wouldn't trade a healthy Tarasenko retained to a division rival. While Girard would be a great player to have, the LD they currently have are already strong puck movers, so they would probably be looking for someone more like a Muzzin type in your other deal.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Mentioned this in the summer.

The Blues needed Tank to demonstrate that the last shoulder surgery fixed what was wrong.

Thus far, about a quarter thru the season it has.

They should get a very good return if he still wants out and his health holds up.

Happy for Vladimir Tarasenko. Hes a good goal scorer. Nice to see him doing well again.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
With St. Louis and Colorado both being contending teams in the same division, that alone sort of makes them impossible trade partners. St. Louis wouldn't trade a healthy Tarasenko retained to a division rival. While Girard would be a great player to have, the LD they currently have are already strong puck movers, so they would probably be looking for someone more like a Muzzin type in your other deal.

I don't agree with that premise...

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Raise your hand if you were in the "Tarasenko is still dynamites, the shoulder was only operated on 3 times because the doctors failed to properly diagnose the issue, I will give you my child for him" camp.

✋

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Raise your hand if you were in the "Tarasenko is still dynamites, the shoulder was only operated on 3 times because the doctors failed to properly diagnose the issue, I will give you my child for him" camp.

✋
3 " SHOULDER" surgeries and the contract made me skittish ,but the players talent is not in question..........

Reactions: YP44

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

St. Louis get a top 4 LD
STL is not retaining 50% on Tarasenko to unload Scandella

and def not taking back cap dumps

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

✋

There were reasons to be optimistic about Tarasenko's health. His first two surgeries were not the same as the 3rd. The 3rd was performed outside of the team's doctors and called a Latarjet procedure. This is most likely the crux of why Tarasenko was so upset with the Blues organization. He missed almost 2 years due to quite possibly the team doctors not recognizing what should have been performed in the first place. It seems the team doctors simply repeated the same surgery twice which wasn't an actual fix. It was probably like putting a band-aid on it to get him back in the lineup.

Anytime there's a surgery there's a risk but both the Dr. and Tarasenko were extremely confident they fixed the root cause of his shoulder issue. It's water under the bridge at this point but I think most people feel he still wants out and will be traded after the season is completed.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
STL is not retaining 50% on Tarasenko to unload Scandella

and def not taking back cap dumps

The OP wanted to move Tarasenko and Scandella, and bring in a top 4 LD...

I didn't see a lot of options available without retention on Tarasenko's deal

Did you have any ideas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad