Value of: Tarasenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
and which team, who wants tarasenko has the required cap space to take tarasenko at the full cap without sending cap back?
Devils. They were interested before but were scared off by his medicals before he has shown he is playing well and his shoulder is better.
The price has since probably gone up and not sure if the Devils have anything the Blues need. We have a surplus of young LHD and bottom 6 forwards. Id give up picks for Tara but not our 1st.
I would like to offer Bratt or a D like Bahl Okhotiyuk plus picks. Others available im sure would have no interest to the Blues - Boqvist Thompson Foote

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
Devils. They were interested before but were scared off by his medicals before he has shown he is playing well and his shoulder is better.
The price has since probably gone up and not sure if the Devils have anything the Blues need. We have a surplus of young LHD and bottom 6 forwards. Id give up picks for Tara but not our 1st.
I would like to offer Bratt or a D like Bahl Okhotiyuk plus picks. Others available im sure would have no interest to the Blues - Boqvist Thompson Foote

As a Blues fan I’m down with Nolan Foote. He is the style of player we (speaking for myself, lol) like.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As a Blues fan I’m down with Nolan Foote. He is the style of player we (speaking for myself, lol) like.
I really like Foote as he is a big body with a cannon of a shot. Its just we are needing a player like Tara right now. Someone who can step in right away and help our PP. We need a scoring winger in a big way. For the first time in a long time , the Devils look decent. Out D is ok , our C depth will be good once Hughes is back. We just need Smith and Severson to stop sucking and scoring wingers. Holtz "should" be one , but we need 1 more in my opinion. Tatar and Sharangovich are slumping. Zacha an Bratt are our only real " good" wingers so far.

So could anything be worked around Foote plus plus ?
Our only real depth we have is at LHD so maybe someone like Bahl could work? Shakir and Okhotiyuk are two id like to keep but not sure if Bahl does anything for the Blues

Foote - Bahl (lol) plus a 2nd for Tarasenko with zero retention?

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Personally I'm not that interested in Foote. We don't have a lot of prospect depth, but we're actually okay on left wing with Neighbours, Bolduc and Dickinson (the former two are centers, but I expect them to transition to winger at the NHL-level) while I don't think Foote projects to be better than Neighbours and Bolduc (we also still have Logan Brown, who can also play there btw). If we'd trade Tarasenko for a futures deal, I'd rather go for a RD/LD/C/RW (in that order). Or just picks so we can choose ourselves.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The OP wanted to move Tarasenko and Scandella, and bring in a top 4 LD...

I didn't see a lot of options available without retention on Tarasenko's deal

Did you have any ideas?
Scandella can be moved in a separate deal. I wouldn't waste the value of Tarasenko if he's being traded. something along the line of Eggtimers post/offer in this thread

as it was in the offseason, I would think NJ, NYR and NYI would have interest. the Isles would have to gyrate for the cap, the other 2 have cap space now for Vladi, iirc

Reactions: Spektre

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
Tarasenko has been a beast all year. 16 points in 18 games. Blues won't take scraps and won't retain on him. Army was not willing to do those things when Tarasenko was a question mark so, why would he do it now?

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Going off Army’s typical deals a lottery protected first and value on top of that will probably be performance based. Not sure there is a deal enticing enough to pull the trigger mid season

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
Personally I'm not that interested in Foote. We don't have a lot of prospect depth, but we're actually okay on left wing with Neighbours, Bolduc and Dickinson (the former two are centers, but I expect them to transition to winger at the NHL-level) while I don't think Foote projects to be better than Neighbours and Bolduc (we also still have Logan Brown, who can also play there btw). If we'd trade Tarasenko for a futures deal, I'd rather go for a RD/LD/C/RW (in that order). Or just picks so we can choose ourselves.

Agree but devils advocate:

Perron, Bozak, and Neal are varying amounts of potentially gone next season.

Buchnevich takes Perrons right side role.

Barbashev takes 4C role.

Receive LW Foote, a magic bean, and a tad bit of cap space from NJD (whatever is fair, I don’t follow them close enough to make a fair trade offer).

take said NJD magic bean, and one of your own, Klim Kostin, your newly found cap space, and trade for LHD.

next season you’d have eliminated 3 from the LW depth chart - but still have roster versatility in Sunqvist, Barbashev, Joshua, etc. Neighbors and potential new Foote maybe ready. Either could AHL part time as needed. Bolduc a year later. Brown nice as center depth. I don’t think it’s as bad an outcome as it seems imo.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
True, and sorry I missed that part. My bad.

I could see NYR being involved. Their cap structure and younger prospects seem to have a 2 year Tarasenko window. Combined with Tarasenko only taking 5.5mil salary next year, would seemingly be a viable choice as a rental with future potential if a guy like Kakko stalls over time. The LHD wouldn’t come from here, but the cap relief, and maybe some of the assets for it would. Panarin+Tarasenko would be fun.

MTL (Chariot+Tinfoil when Edmundson returns to their lineup)

I wonder if Tarasenko would waive for west coast teams regardless of their competitive level, and if Doug would deal within conference. I’d say potential with Anaheim (Lindholm) or Arizona (Chychrun)

Detroit (Leddy) could work - unsure if he’d waive for them.

TBL (Sergachev) may have a pending cap casualty as he goes to next deal.

PIT would be in interesting conversation and I can see a way to make a deal cap compliant and fair value.

none of those names are meant to signify a 1 for 1 trade. In all cases, one team would add.
I don't think TBL trades Sergachev for Tarasenko.

Reactions: Devonator

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils have literally zero good RHD prospects ( Luke Hughes is a LHD but playing the right side in Michigan , he would not be available in trade regardless) . We have some LHD , Boqvist and as a C , Zacha as a winger who can play C , Sharangovich same thing. No RW worth much besides Holtz and he is not to be traded. Maybe a Thompson type forward would be available.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Is this supposed to be an offer or an insult?
Well I don't know how many teams can take Tarasenko on with the Blues retaining, and that cap savings can be used to obtain help for your roster. He has asked to be traded but he also has a no trade clause so he might object to going to certain teams............Or you can just keep him and see how it plays out . No insult intended.

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
I don't think TBL trades Sergachev for Tarasenko.

tbh unsure if stl would either

Sergachev’s contract is not ideal. He is like Tkachuk where his qualifier is wildly high due to annual structure. His cap hit is 4.8 but qualifier will be 7.2. He’s also behind both Hedman and McDonough both above 6aav. When points 9.5 hits next year it could squeeze sergachev out of the cap. When he is rfa he can take qualify for 1 year then UFA also. Def not ideal. Lastly, he’s due 7.2 cash next year - so any aqcuiring team takes on that risk too.

that’s why I think he may be traded. And cheaply tbh. Cheaper than ristolainen.

Last edited:

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

Barbashev takes 4C role.

Receive LW Foote, a magic bean, and a tad bit of cap space from NJD (whatever is fair, I don’t follow them close enough to make a fair trade offer).

take said NJD magic bean, and one of your own, Klim Kostin, your newly found cap space, and trade for LHD.

next season you’d have eliminated 3 from the LW depth chart - but still have roster versatility in Sunqvist, Barbashev, Joshua, etc. Neighbors and potential new Foote maybe ready. Either could AHL part time as needed. Bolduc a year later. Brown nice as center depth. I don’t think it’s as bad an outcome as it seems imo.
I don't see Perron going anywhere honestly. Neal can go right now. has provided nothing so far. I would imagine this is Bozak's last hurrah.

and while I get the need for a LHD, I'd rather keep Kostin

Reactions: Seattlebjprice

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
tbh unsure if stl would either

Sergachev’s contract is not ideal. He is like Tkachuk where his qualifier is wildly high due to annual structure. His cap hit is 4.8 but qualifier will be 7.2. He’s also behind both Hedman and McDonough both above 6aav. When points 9.5 hits next year it could squeeze sergachev out of the cap. When he is rfa he can take qualify for 1 year then UFA also. Def not ideal.

that’s why I think he may be traded.
His current contract was signed after July 10th of last year, so I believe the QO is limited to 120% of AAV. In any case, I think ultimately his AAV will be higher than that when he's actually signed, but I don't see us trading him for a winger and not one at the career stage Tarasenko is in.

Reactions: Seattlebjprice

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Barbashev takes 4C role.

I'd be surprised if Perron isn't going to be a Blue next season. So that leaves us to replace Tarasenko and Bozak (Neal is just an extra when everyone's healthy anyway... Brown or Joshua could take his minutes).
Bozak can be replaced with Neighbours (moving Barbashev or Sundqvist to center) and I expect if we trade Tarasenko we'll try to get a decent young winger with NHL-experience in return as part of the deal to replace (a portion of) Tarasenko's minutes. I don't think there will be any room for a guy like Foote.

And to be honest, if we want to upgrade Scandella to a better LHD, I doubt that 'magic bean' + Kostin will get us a Lindholm quality type of defender.

Devils have literally zero good RHD prospects ( Luke Hughes is a LHD but playing the right side in Michigan , he would not be available in trade regardless) . We have some LHD , Boqvist and as a C , Zacha as a winger who can play C , Sharangovich same thing. No RW worth much besides Holtz and he is not to be traded. Maybe a Thompson type forward would be available.

Picks then it is... ;)

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
To Toronto: Tarasenko (50% retained), Scandella

To St. Louis: 2022 2nd, Ritchie, Muzzin

Toronto slide Tarasenko over to LW and get a major upgrade to their top 6, while Scandella gives them a veteran Dman to help offset the loss of Muzzin

St. Louis get a top 4 Dman, a 2022 2nd, while also clearing out Scandella's contract

Please never post in a Blues trade thread again.

You make Eklund look like a genius with Nostradmi sense.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Please never post in a Blues trade thread again.

You make Eklund look like a genius with Nostradmi sense.

Just put me on ignore and save yourself the hardship of having to read any future post of mine that may find its way into a Blues thread...

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would definitely like Kevin Bahl. I could see a deal with him and Tarasenko being the principal parts.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Seattle really screwed this up.

A lot of teams could have traded for Tarasenko in the offseason at full salary for a rumored low ask, and there were no takers.

So why was Seattle's similar decision that would have also cost them Dunn a worse decision in so many people's eyes?

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021
A lot of teams could have traded for Tarasenko in the offseason at full salary for a rumored low ask, and there were no takers.

So why was Seattle's similar decision that would have also cost them Dunn a worse decision in so many people's eyes?

An additional layer to this onion. Tarasenko has 2 years left and has publicly requested a trade from his current team. If you’re Seattle, you probably have a good idea if you’re the type of team he would want to resign with. Tarasenko’s agent has been attempting to find an outcome. All these discussions would be had throughout the league.

If you think Tarasenko is likely to leave for UFA, but you can select an RFA skater, it may not matter how amazing the UFA is for your roster strategy. Seattle could only pick so many short term guys without having roster apocalypse every off season.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I cannot see the Devils moving Bratt for a guy who may amount to being an extended rental. You're also considerably lessening the net value received in Tarasenko on the current roster by moving Bratt out to compensate. If you're making a play for Tank, you're trying to win right now. Trading Bratt simply does not make any sense as a corresponding move in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad