Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% & Mikkola to NYR for 1st RP, 4th RP, F S. Blais, and D H. Skinner

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
So it will most likely turn out to be a late first, 2023 3rd (the rangers are making the playoffs), Skinner, and Blais

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
hello again bluesters

who has Tara played with mostly this year?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Pretty okay with this. It's unfortunate the Blues weren't able to drum up Mikkola's value into the Chiarotosphere, given that Chiarot is a similarly useless player, but you can't fleece everybody all the time. A first rounder is better than a 2nd rounder + a decent prospect. Give me quality over quantity any day.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Later of the 1st and a 3rd isn't that big of a deal for me. If ROR pulls a 1st, we're going to come out of the draft with a great prospect pool.
If we end up with 3 1sts overall, I think DA trades 2 of them (not our own) for a d-man.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Considering it’s basically an early second, it’s pretty pathetic that we couldn’t even get a halfway decent prospect. So we basically have Mikkola away for free.
The number of teams that would pay a 1st for Tarasenko at this point I could probably count on 1 finger. And I love how when we get early 2nd it's basically a 1st but when it's late 1st it's basically a 2nd.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think an underrated aspect here is to get this done early, so that Army can now focus on Barbie and ROR trades. He still has a lot to do, so better to not wait on all of them.
It also hurts any teams trying to argue that 2023 1sts are just so valuable that they should really be untouchable. The market has spoken. This is the second 2023 1st moved in a week.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Considering it’s basically an early second, it’s pretty pathetic that we couldn’t even get a halfway decent prospect. So we basically have Mikkola away for free.
Mikkola likely returned the conditional 4th (which will end up being a 3rd). That’s fair value. Tarasenko returned a late 1st. This is exactly what I thought would happen, but that’s just me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It also hurts any teams trying to argue that 2023 1sts are just so valuable that they should really be untouchable. The market has spoken. This is the second 2023 1st moved in a week.
And I don't know if this supports or counters the argument, but if Army was anticipating a certain numbers of 1sts being moved, it's good to lock one of those in early. Either he helps set the market for ROR or he locks up one of the 1sts that might be tough to get.

I think I'd be a lot less excited about the 1st if it wasn't for our scouts and draft history. Sure, it could be a Kostin, but our track record is really good drafting at the back end of the 1st.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Mostly agree.

I would much rather go for quality if adding to Tarasenko then just get a guy who will most likely never be as good as Mikkola is now. Even if that prospect/player has a huge risk, it's better to have something to look forward to then nothing and yet achieve the same result.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Blues get a 3rd instead of a 4th if the Rangers make the playoffs (which they definitely should)

Just wondering. The 4th is a 2024 pick. If they meet the condition (as you said, they should), it transfers to a 3rd round pick. But according to capfriendly the Rangers don't own a 2024 3rd round pick, so I guess that will be a 2023 3rd in that case? They don't own their own 3rd anymore, but they do own the Avs 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Blueston

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Really wish the condition was the better of the picks

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Just wondering. The 4th is a 2024 pick. If they meet the condition (as you said, they should), it transfers to a 3rd round pick. But according to capfriendly the Rangers don't own a 2024 3rd round pick, so I guess that will be a 2023 3rd in that case? They don't own their own 3rd anymore, but they do own the Avs 3rd rounder.
It would be the Avs 2023 3rd

Reactions: Beauterham

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
Dallas is the first seed right now but it's possible they get a first round matchup with the defending champs who I believe the west still runs through if they are fully healthy.

It's not entirely unlikely Dallas is out in round 1 if that's how the bracket lines up come April.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think so.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah I don't know how they get the 2024 3rd if they don't own it. Maybe it's a typo

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dallas is the first seed right now but it's possible they get a first round matchup with the defending champs who I believe the west still runs through if they are fully healthy.

It's not entirely unlikely Dallas is out in round 1 if that's how the bracket lines up come April.
Just another reason to root against Dallas. Not that I want to root for Colorado. But Avs are likely to finish ahead of Wild regardless.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Pretty okay with this. It's unfortunate the Blues weren't able to drum up Mikkola's value into the Chiarotosphere, given that Chiarot is a similarly useless player, but you can't fleece everybody all the time. A first rounder is better than a 2nd rounder + a decent prospect. Give me quality over quantity any day.
Unfortunately Edmunson seems to also be available and fits the Chiarot profile a bit better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad