Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% & Mikkola to NYR for 1st RP, 4th RP, F S. Blais, and D H. Skinner

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Hoping that 1st is New York’s and not the Stars.
Right now the Rangers pick is 26th and the Stars is 28th. Not much of a difference, unless someone falls down the standings.

So it's Tarasenko and Mikkola for 2023 1st, 2023 4th, Sammy Blais and Hunter Skinner? I'll take that.
The Rangers don't have their 4th this year. [Traded to Vancouver for Tyler Motte.] They also don't have a 5th this year. They do have Colorado's 3rd, but their 3rd went to Philadelphia and potentially could go to Carolina.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
A 1st and a 4th is not a great return, but it’s ok. With Tarasenko having a NTC, it’s probably a fair trade.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Not happy with this deal honestly. The 4th and Skinner are just throw ins and the Blues are now down a defenseman along with losing Tarasenko.

I never doubted Tarasenko would get a 1st (even if the draft year is stacked, teams competing will still throw those away). Getting Blais back is fine with me as I never had a problem with him on the Roster to start with. But I was hoping the Blues could have snagged something a bit higher up the tree in terms of a prospect. Nothing Jones level, but something more than an ECHL talent.

All I can say is that the Blues accomplished their goal of getting picks and achieved HFBlues goal of making the team worse for better draft position.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
This is what I expected the trade to look like. A first plus a small add. We we never going to get a 1st plus a B tier prospect for Tarasenko. Maybe if he wasn't injured and was a PPG we could have gotten more but he hasn't looked amazing this year and has missed some time.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Gotta love HFBoards / folks deriding Blues fans for thinking Tarasenko will get a 1st, then he does, and now they’re saying it’s a low return and a buyer’s market, lol.

The trade board are full of fans pretending they're gms and trying to lowball for guys like that's going to happen in real life. Such is fandom

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Concerned about the conditions of the 1st. If it has anything to do with the Rangers success in the playoffs then we might be screwed because that team is going to get waxed against the teams in the East.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00