Value of: Tanner Jeannot to the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
  • Haha
Reactions: PajamaBoy

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If theres alot of interest around the league, may be able to get more than he should be worth given his production this season.

Hes a hard hitting, has some offensive ability, and can PK. His cap hit is only 800,000 which could fit on just about any team but given his contract is done at the end of the season Poile has shown he will retain on that kind of contract and at 400,000 or even if double retention could be found 200,000 caphit could fit anywhere.

Reactions: PajamaBoy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
it's this type of arrogance that guarantees Karma a win in 7

Gunna need to explain how that is arrogance. Seems you projecting your feelings about the Leafs more than anything that poster said.

IF anything is arrogant, it is being said we don't have the pieces to get a guy with 14 points

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I would do knies for jeannot.

Kings could use a big upgrade on Lemieux. What do the Preds need? I don’t think the Kings are moving their 1st this year unless it’s for a top 4 LD, but I could see one of our better prospects like Pinelli, Laferriere, Fagemo, etc being part of the package. Off the roster, we’ve got some up and coming players who deserve bigger roles somewhere in Kupari, JAD, etc too.

I’m guessing his value is similar to Arvidsson’s when we traded for him? 2 x 2nd round picks or a late 1st?
Would grans or Spence be available?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly I would not offer much. One outlier season for a guy who's 25 years old. Let someone else take the risk.
Not to say he'll ever produce that again, but he's only played 1 other full season. If you want to add in the 15 game season where he scored 7 points, then technically this season is the one "outlier" season...

Loimike

Feb 26, 2013
Toronto
Not to say he'll ever produce that again, but he's only played 1 other full season. If you want to add in the 15 game season where he scored 7 points, then technically this season is the one "outlier" season...
I accept this. You can argue both ways. But there is significant risk if you have to first trade for him and then sign him in the offseason. So I guess it depends on the price.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I think if jeannot is traded we need look at getting a defensive prospect back. And the kings have some good ones
There's definitely a fit to be made then. Spence ranks third under Clarke and Byfield in the overall pool, so that would be a tough negotiation. I honestly don't know how they'd be valued comparatively. Spence has been PPG in the AHL two seasons in a row now playing behind a logjam of one-way contracts, whereas Jeannot's impact is somewhere in the middle of his incredible shooting season last year and his bad luck this year. I think Durzi could also be available from the main roster on top of Grans, Bjornfot, Kirsanov, and Salin outside of Spence.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
There's definitely a fit to be made then. Spence ranks third under Clarke and Byfield in the overall pool, so that would be a tough negotiation. I honestly don't know how they'd be valued comparatively. Spence has been PPG in the AHL two seasons in a row now playing behind a logjam of one-way contracts, whereas Jeannot's impact is somewhere in the middle of his incredible shooting season last year and his bad luck this year. I think Durzi could also be available from the main roster on top of Grans, Bjornfot, Kirsanov, and Salin outside of Spence.
Spence I believe would be a long shot for jeannot but grans would be a nice pick up. I wanted the preds to draft him

Reactions: BringTheReign

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Leafs need to make a list of young players they aren't willing to trade. Then offer that player + 1st to get the conversation started.

This isn't an asking price, it's moreso what Leafs are giving up to get Poilie / Trotz attention.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I think the Leafs could trade their 2024 1st rounder for him. He fits in this year cap wise, and is an RFA so they have control. If it's too much to resign him, they could always flip him at the draft for a pick and recoup at least a 2023 2nd rounder+. Might make some sense.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Who's horny ? One poster ?
Lots of us. He’d actually bring grit to the top 6 and he would fill a left wing slot. A team that is notoriously soft with a slot to fill and has something to prove in the playoffs could really use a player like him. Most leafs fans I know, myself included are drooling at the potential to get him. I’d move next years first in a heartbeat for him

Reactions: Pierre Larouche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad